PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request - Carry over charges notes to resolution

racassel
August 17th, 2012, 03:10 PM
We do a lot of one call tickets. It would save time to have a button on the charges screen to click to "Carry over these notes to resolution" (Multiple charges could carry over too, then the resultant resolution window could be easily edited.)

aaspeer
August 17th, 2012, 04:32 PM
I requested something like this long ago. This would be a big time saver for us as the charges usually are the "resolution"

Austin Speer
Onward

sudogreg
August 18th, 2012, 03:26 PM
+1

Mister-c
August 20th, 2012, 06:30 AM
I like this idea +1 from me

nattivillin
August 31st, 2012, 12:44 PM
+1 from me. As stated, often the charge is the resolution.

hayden
September 2nd, 2012, 05:06 PM
Yes, we have to manually do this.

lpopejoy
September 3rd, 2012, 04:17 AM
Maybe we use CommitCRM differently, but I'm not seeing the value here. Our charge descriptions are just that - for example. On site service says "onsite service."

I have to ask why the ticket resolution is getting typed in the charge description...? ...and from a "database" perspective, why would you want the same "bit" of info recorded twice?

AN-Tech
September 3rd, 2012, 08:12 PM
lpopejoy,

I'm with you on this one, I only want a basic short description of the charge.

We also tend to keep our resolution field pretty short as well. I just want it to basically show that each of the items listed in the ticket description field were addressed. If we want to see detailed information on what was done we can look in the history notes on the ticket.

I really don't see any reason that there should ever be details on the work performed or resolution on the charge entry. It just clutters up the reports and invoices with a lot of unimportant information to the client. I'm not even sure what workflow would have a tech entering detailed information into a charge in the first place, with the exception of using timers. But there is more on that in another thread I just posted, maybe that is why they are requesting it be copied to the resolution field.

nattivillin
September 3rd, 2012, 08:41 PM
For us, if the ticket is simple and only takes one "labor entry" to resolve, we leave the charge field blank and only fill out the resolution.

When a ticket takes multiple labor entries, we keep track of who did what and on what day, using the specific labor entries as we record them.

When it's resolution time, we spend much time summarizing each charge as the resolution. It takes a lot of copy/paste to accomplish this.

If we could 1 click export all the labor entry text to the resolution, then we only have to edit so it's coherent enough to understand.

aaspeer
September 4th, 2012, 11:48 AM
In the previous ticketing systems that we have used, we would create a charge and mark it as a final resolution, instead of having a labor charge and then another field to enter basically the same thing. CommitCRM has always been redundant in this aspect in our opinion. We use the charge screen to enter work performed in relation to that charge and time frame.

Austin Speer
Onward IT Consultants