PDA

View Full Version : Backup 5.7 SQL

powerplus
July 30th, 2012, 10:48 AM
I am trying to backup CommitCRM 5.7 SQL based, so I can upgrade to 6.0.
When I try to backup it says "The procedure entry point AdsCreateSavepoint could not be located in the dynamic link library ACE32.DLL.

What can I do to resolve this so I can get a good backup and upgrade to 6.0?

Mike

Support Team
July 30th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Hi Mike, I recommend that you stop all RangerMSP clients, server side 'RangerMSP...' services and any third party you use with RangerMSP (if at all). Then, zip the entire 'RangerMSP' folder tree. Save the zipped file outside of your 'RangerMSP' folder tree. Done. Go ahead and upgrade.
For what it worth the upgrade program does take a backup, however, it is always a good idea to take you own backup prior to upgrading.

HTH

powerplus
July 30th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Got it manually backedup and upgraded. But what can I do to fix that error so I can use the backup built intoCommitCRM?

Support Team
July 30th, 2012, 12:04 PM
After upgrading run \RangerMSP\Utils\RangerMSPBackup.exe file as Administrator (once) and see if that helps.

powerplus
July 30th, 2012, 01:13 PM
I am still getting the same error.

Support Team
July 30th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Do you have a file called ace32.dll in the \Utils folder? If not, please copy it from the \LastVer folder and try again.

powerplus
July 30th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Yes it is in there.

Support Team
July 30th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Well, that's strange. Please send us your RangerMSP log files for analysis using the Help > Technical Support menu in RangerMSP (and email will open with an attachment). Please also specify whether you refer to live SQL backup or the backup utility itself.