PDA

View Full Version : Employee Labour Charges Report

BDTECHRob
July 17th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Hi Guys,
i need to create a report that shows total labour for all different labor types by employee

e.g. i have several labour type defined in CommitCRM with different charges and costs, "onsite labour", "onsite overtime", "helpdesk" etc...

what i want to achieve is a report i can run once a week to see how many total hours were billed by each tech along with a breakdown of labour type totals so i can see an employee billed say 30hrs of labor and 6 hours of overtime labour

any suggestions would be appreciated

Support Team
July 18th, 2012, 06:13 AM
It may be possible howeveryou will need to design report and add new group. Read about Report Designer and Groups here.

Go to Charge reports and copy 'Employee Charges Report' - a new custom report will be created.
While in the report designer you will need to add new group - from Reports menu -> Groups -> Add-> Group2 will be added - then - from the drop down list of this 'Groups' Window select 'Charges - Expense Type'.

This report already contains Totals for Employees. Copy all these fields and place them above Group Footer ITEMTYPE.
You can change the field of employee name to 'Charges Expense type' and delete all extra data fields (charge details).

Note: when generating this report click on the 'Sort' button and select sort by 'Expense type' (Labor type will also work here).

HTH

BDTECHRob
July 18th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Thanks for that, i dont think this solution works for me as i have created all my labour codes as "labour types" not "expense types"

Support Team
July 19th, 2012, 06:13 AM
While it may be a little little confusing, behind the scenes 'Labor Type' and 'Expense Type' are stored in the same field in the database.

So, the more accurate name for this field should be called 'Item Type'...

I tested this report with suggested changes above all should work well for you :-)