PDA

View Full Version : Charged price is removed when contract is changed on a ticket

lpopejoy
July 2nd, 2012, 05:10 PM
The subject says it all. I understand the logic: "What if there are customer price settings for that customer/contract?"...

However a simple "IF" statement could check that and *IF* it is there, then replace the price accordingly. *IF* not, then, well... please leave the price that is already entered into the field.

Support Team
July 3rd, 2012, 06:07 AM
The price is indeed calculated each time the contract is modified. This way the price always represents the correct price set for this contract/account. While I can think of ways to make this change more conditional (maybe like you suggested) and I have already taken a note of this, I personally think that this make the system more complex as most users will not "know" why sometimes the price changes and some other times don't. Thanks for asking.

lpopejoy
July 4th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Ok, consider this: a user has filled in a price. the user has typed all relevant info for the item sold.

Now, since I can't configure CommitCRM contracts to tell it what items should be covered under a given contract... I continually have to run reports to make sure "products" are not being sold under "block of money contracts"...

I find charges that have been - so I open, change the contract. Price reverts to 0.

Oops, I hit cancel. Open again - now the copy the price this time, and change the contract.

Paste the correct price back in.

Oops... now, I have the standard default item description saved as part of the main description. So... Yeah, fix that. Now save.

Repeat.

Your idea and my idea of "make the system more complex" are miles apart. Most users have no idea why in creation a price would revert to $0.00 just because they change a contract.

Support Team
July 4th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Got that. Thanks.

lpopejoy
December 1st, 2012, 02:00 PM
Can you add my vote to this [again]? Checking a price before you change the contract, pasting the price back in, removing the extra description that gets added in... I can't help but think there would be a better way.

Support Team
December 3rd, 2012, 06:54 AM
Yes. Noted. Thanks.