PDA

View Full Version : Commit-Zenith (now Continuum) Link-Cost and Experiences with?

DavidW
June 14th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Hi Folks!

We just upgraded to V5.7 (went smoothly; thanks Commit!; pity about the 'cobbler's shoes getting patched LAST:-)!) and we are enjoying working with all of the new goodies, which brings us to the subject of...

** The new CommitCRM-Zenith (now Continuum) Link module **

As long-time Zenith now Continuum users, this is great news for us.

User Experiences:
Is anyone using it/how have your experiences been? What works well? What needs improvement and what are the gotchas that will bite you if you aren't aware of them, as one starts to work with the new module?

Future Product Plans:
And CommitCRM support team, a question please: now with Zenith's RMM side having been purchased by Continuum and with lots of new energy and investments being made into the product by the Continuum team, HOW will this impact the Commit-'Zenith' module?
For example, will this module see any new features and a name change any time soon, perhaps to co-ordinate with the release of the much anticipated new version 6.0 of Commit, which we see in the forums here is now in limited beta testing?

TIA all!

/dwv

Support Team
June 15th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Thank you for asking David.

The Zenith/Continuum link module in the coming release does not include any major changes, maybe some behind-the-scenes enhancements. Future releases may introduce additional features in regards to this existing integration.

Hopefully the energy at Continuum will be translated to better products and integrations.

An overview about this module can be found here and the detailed user guide here

HTH

DavidW
June 15th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Thanks for CommitCRM Tech Support team for the module pricing info!

And we look forward to hearing from Zenith/Continuum users who have taken the plunge and purchased and integrated the new module!

And so far, we are pleased with the new Continuum team's commitment to improving and modernizing the RMM product!

Best and TGIF:-)!

/d

racassel
June 26th, 2012, 07:01 PM
I have not yet implemented it. I need to get the Conttiinnuumm "ticket chatter" under control. Seems we get a dozen non-critical tickets per day that need to be ignored or suspended in their system and not wanting to have to delete a bunch of unnecessary tickets. Commit: Is it possible to only create tickets on certain alerts from Continuum?

Support Team
June 27th, 2012, 06:14 AM
All Tickets created in Zeinith / Continuum WILL be synced to RangerMSP. There's no way to filter this.
When the Ticket is completed (closed) in RangerMSP it will be sent back to Zenith and the Ticket will also be closed there.

HTH

signals
July 25th, 2012, 03:59 PM
If you are self completing your tickets the link works fine. The major downfall to this link is you cant take a ticket that was pushed to CommitCRM and assign it back to the Zenith NOC for repair. We have server support for many contracts and cant get a ticket to the noc with this add in. We had to turn the link off in order to communicate with Zenith.

Jim

Support Team
July 26th, 2012, 06:23 AM
EDIT: Full support for this has been added and you CAN send and assign Tickets back to Continuum's NOC now including adding relevant notes and instructions.

OLD Reply: Jim, we evaluate the options to support this later this year.

signals
July 31st, 2012, 08:07 AM
was this corrected in version 6?

Support Team
July 31st, 2012, 08:35 AM
EDIT: Full support for this has been added and you CAN send and assign Tickets back to Continuum's NOC now including adding relevant notes and instructions.

OLD reply: Thanks for asking. We evaluate the option to support this later this year.

BryanP
August 2nd, 2012, 02:35 PM
We've been using this feature for a long time. It tends to break quite a bit. Even running on two different servers (one Windows 2003 and one Windows 2008) the sync feature stops working, and we have to restart the CommitRMM service.
At the moment, ours is broken completely, and even restarting the server did not help.
I'm now waiting for CommitCRM Support to respond.

Overall, I love the fact that I can see all my tickets in one place. The fact that 2-way integration is STILL not implemented is very frustrating though.

Support Team
August 2nd, 2012, 02:40 PM
Thanks. @BryanP - please send us your log files for analysis. It's usually very stable (as you know already). Did you also check the status with the Zenith/Continuum guys?

BryanP
August 2nd, 2012, 02:52 PM
I did send my log files at 16:16 EDT.

Yes, the service is usually stable, but it does tend to just stop working about once a month (on average) requiring a restart of the services. It had actually been very stable for a while now, until today.

I did check the status with Continuum, and they were no help--just directed me to you.

Support Team
August 3rd, 2012, 04:14 AM
Thank you. Log files received and have been analyzed for a few hours. We haven't seen this error before and it seems like we've received an invalid XML response from Zenith/Continuum APIs. We've already contacted them about it.

BryanP
August 3rd, 2012, 02:57 PM
I want to leave a follow-up message, and thank you for fixing this. It turned out that it was on the Continuum side of things. Unfortunately, Continuum forces us to initiate the problem resolution fromCommitCRM.

signals
October 2nd, 2012, 12:30 PM
Any update on the two way syncing between CommitCRM and Continuum? I would either like to get it working or get a refund until it does work correctly.

Thanks,
Jim

Support Team
October 2nd, 2012, 12:34 PM
All functionality included in this module works and we are not aware of anything broken. The feature idea to send tickets back to NOC directly from RangerMSP is considered and actually some work has already been done in this direction. Feel free to contact us by email to get more details on this.

BryanP
October 2nd, 2012, 02:41 PM
I would like to ammend my statement of August 2nd. Since the problem with Continuum's XML structure was resolved, the CommitRMM service has not stopped working once. I don't know what changed (if anything) but it's great.

I still say that not having the ability to send updates to the NOC or Service Desk is a pain, and I am waiting, patiently and hopefully, for 2-way integration to be developed.

Jim, I've been looking for another Continuum partner who also uses CommitCRM. Can we exchange contact info?

signals
October 4th, 2012, 09:28 AM
sure, email me at jim at networksignals dot net