PDA

View Full Version : Scroll Bars in CommitCRM Lists

lpopejoy
June 13th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Why do the scroll bars not behave as they do in a normal application? As you scroll through the list, the scroll bar doesn't move until you get to the very end of the list, then the bar jumps to the bottom.

Support Team
June 13th, 2012, 07:19 AM
It behaves differently to gain performance.

For example, if you have 10,000 Tickets, or many more Charges, etc. in the system and display them in a list - we do not fetch them all up-front but rather fetch them behind the scenes as you scroll. This saves a lot of time, yet it also has some downsides like what you've just described.

Hope this makes sense.

lpopejoy
June 13th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Hmmm.... Ok, I'll take your word for it. Excel, Access, Mysql, MSSQL have no problems displaying 10,000 + tickets and their scroll bars work just like any other normal application. In fact, I have almost 10,000 emails in my inbox in Outlook, complete with a fully functional scroll bar.

Anyway, I do like performance, so I'll try to view this as a feature from now on - not a bug!

AN-Tech
June 14th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Funny, I was about to post something in the forum asking the same thing. I it always bugged me how CommitCRM scrolls and I had never seen another application work that way. Every time a new release came out I always hoped that it would scroll like normal.

nattivillin
June 15th, 2012, 01:27 PM
I agree. It is so counter to how everything else works, it always throws me for a loop.