PDA

View Full Version : secondary contacts --

raymond
June 7th, 2012, 08:21 PM
what are the chances that we are going to see additional fields for secondary contacts?

specifically, are we ever going to see more than 2 phone fields (most of our clients have 4 including fax)

what about getting user configurable fields? these are sorely missing from these record types!

finally, what we REALLY need is the ability to replicate Categories in Outlook... we need to be able to define a list of items and then associate a secondary contact with multiple selections in the list.

thanks --

//ray

Support Team
June 8th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Thanks ray. While the coming release does include an enhancement for Secondary Contacts (anyone mentioned Status?) it does not include the options you listed above. I'll take note of your comments. Thanks.

raymond
October 18th, 2013, 03:14 PM
I wanted to bump this up in the conversation again. The lack of fields in contacts is killing us! We simply need more fields to hold the data and to allow us to document critical information about users. Simple things like Office (site/location), Manger Name, Spouse/Partner, more phone and email fields, Follow up Flags (Boolean check boxes), and the ability to add more custom fields (including check boxes) is really needed. I don't understand why we are so limited on the contacts fields.

Are we going to see more contact fields any time soon?

thanks --

//ray

Support Team
October 21st, 2013, 06:06 AM
​Unlike with Accounts (and Tickets/Assets/Contracts/etc.), where you can customize every​thing as you just listed in your post, Secondary Contacts are currently considered 'simple' entities (like Charges and History Note). Simple entities are less customizable than main entities like the ones I mentioned above. We understand your requirement for additional fields to the secondary contact record and will be looking into that again.

Thank you for bumping this conversion.

raymond
October 21st, 2013, 10:38 AM
Unfortunately, having Contacts be "simple entry's" defeats the whole purpose of a "CRM" (Customer Relationship Management) system. When someone says "Customer", they are almost always referring to a person (especially at the level that everyone here who uses CommitCRM is at). We need the ability (and fields) to Manage our Relationships with our Customers. This needs to be done at the Contact level but we simply don't have the tools to do that.

I would like to point out that it isn't "Commit.com", rather it is "CommitCRM.com" and the very first words on the main web page are "CRM, Service & Billing for Small IT Service Providers".

Please, let's circle back on the what CommitCRM really is focused on (CRM and Billing) and streamline the tools to do that. The role that Contacts play should be very high in the list and as such, should have the fields and reporting tools to help us with the CRM part of CommitCRM.

thanks!

//ray