PDA

View Full Version : Ticket list sort order

lpopejoy
June 5th, 2012, 09:43 AM
When you delete or complete a ticket, the sort order seems to change. For instance, if I have 20 tickets for the same account, and I delete one of those tickets, the list refreshes (understandably). However, it seems the sort order for the tickets that are all in the same account isn't maintained.

It isn't a huge deal, just a minor inconvenience. Just wondering if this is expected... or if it can be fixed.

Support Team
June 5th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks. I couldn't reproduce it here though. Where do you look at the Tickets list - from the Tickets tab in Accounts or the main Tickets window?

lpopejoy
June 5th, 2012, 01:51 PM
The tickets list - just emailed you a screenshot.

Support Team
June 6th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Thanks. The cause for this is that when the Tickets list is sorted by Account the 'sort by account' is the only guaranteed sort. You were referring to a secondary sort that is not kept. In order to have the list sorted by both the Account and another field (and have it kept this way) you should specifically select this sort order - instead of only by Account, as it is now, select to sort it by Account and Ticket Number (for example) by opening the filtering window and selecting the combined sort.

HTH

lpopejoy
June 6th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Just my opinion... But it seems like way the list should appears should remain unchanged unless I ask it to change. Arbitrarily rearranging records in the list seems like an issue - irregardless of filtering/sorting applied.

I'm not really trying to do a secondary sort order (but I understand what you are saying)... all I want is for the listing to stay consistent while I am viewing that list.

Anyway, I'll deal with it - I can apply the filter for secondary filtering, but that's kind of a pain to remember - and then apply to every filter you create.