PDA

View Full Version : Contract

powerplus
May 29th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Got a question on the best way to setup a Contract for a customer. I have a customer that has a sort of "all you can eat" contract. I bill them monthly. I would like to know the best way to setup this contract. And can I get an alert every month to bill this contract also. How is the best way to set this up? I have not done any contracts yet and would like to get one started.

Mike

Support Team
May 30th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Thank you for asking. From what you described I believe that you should look at using Block of Money Contract to implement your all-you-can-eat contracts.

All Charge records logged under it default to Not-Billable (e.g. the customer will not be billed for them).

When you exceed the block you get a warning but Charges still default to Not-Billable. This way you will also be able to track the profitability - the block value represents what the customer pays and as long as some money left on your block (it is reduced by the amount of the Charge records added) you're probably profitable. When you start getting the overage warnings you should probably start reviewing the terms with the customer to verify that you make a profit with this contract.

Such Contracts can be renewed (and invoiced) on a monthly basis. Click the links to learn more about these topics: Service Contracts, Billing for Contracts and Recurring Contracts.