PDA

View Full Version : Web interface cannot create report PDFs

Jim AppleTech
May 25th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Using the web interface to create ticket report PDFs was working until yesterday when I was modifying a report using an RDP connection to access the full client. Creating PDFs continued to work during several adjustments to the report, until my last tweak. I used the full client's report preview tab at that point. I don't know if this was a factor, but after my last modification and previewing the report in the full client, I cannot use the web client to create a report PDF from any reports. The process starts, the progress bar in the browser address field starts, but the progress bar doesn't complete.

I have cleared my browser cache, used a different browser, and restarted my computer, all to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Jim

Support Team
May 25th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Hi Jim, thank you for posting this. Does the report work well in the Windows client now?In any case please try to restart RangerMSPWebInterface service on your server and see if that helps. In case it does not, please use the Help > Technical Support menu in RangerMSP to send us your RangerMSP log files for analysis.

Jim AppleTech
May 25th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Yes, the report prints well from the native Windows client. I looked through the interface & I didn't see where to restart the CommitWebInterface service.

Perhaps that is not available from the client? I can ask the formal administrator to do it...

Jim

Support Team
May 25th, 2012, 11:18 AM
True, this is a service that runs on your server and utilizes the Web interface.

Jim AppleTech
May 25th, 2012, 11:47 AM
I've asked by admin to restart the CommitWebInterface service. I'll let you know what happens.

Jim AppleTech
May 25th, 2012, 12:22 PM
I went into the web client after the service was restarted, and I still cannot print to PDF on a web interface.

What's next?

Jim AppleTech
May 25th, 2012, 12:35 PM
BTW, other users also cannot print to a PDF file with the web interface, so it is not user-dependent.

Support Team
May 25th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Thanks for checking this and reporting back. I guess that it has to do with the Report customizations you described above. Please use the Help > Technical Support menu in RangerMSP to send us your RangerMSP log files for analysis. We will hopefully see something there.

Jim AppleTech
May 25th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Sent. Somehow, I think this will have something to do with the temporary PDF file that is created on the server before it is downloaded by the web browser.

Thanks.

Support Team
May 25th, 2012, 01:06 PM
I just checked and we haven't received it yet... please verify that the email was sent successfully with no rejects etc...

Jim AppleTech
May 25th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Looking at the log for EmailConnector I see:

[05/25/2012 15:8:26:250 v1.0.5601.0 - 2.0.5700.0 ** 24042012_144829_2436_336203 (c:2824,B08 m:2436,984) ]
Proc_Name=DaTEMailsPop3ClientReceiver_Unit.HandleE rror
RqType = 2 POP3 error 500 -ERR Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

I've asked the admin to look into correcting the mail setup.

In the mean time, what log files would be good for me to paste in here or to email you?

Support Team
May 25th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Thanks, however, the email connector's log has absolutely nothing to do with it because logs are sent to us from your Outlook and not using the email connector.

Please try to log into RangerMSP, visit to Help > Technical Support menu and select to send us your log files. An Outlook Window should open with an attachment - sent it.

In case you do not use Outlook the following will also work (though it's more partial) - please zip the \RangerMSP\Logs folder and email it to us.

Thanks.

Jim AppleTech
May 25th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Where shall I send the zipped folder?

Support Team
May 25th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Support at our domain RangerMSP dot com.

Jim AppleTech
May 25th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Done. Apparently the server (where I have an RDP session) does not have Outlook installed.

Support Team
May 25th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Received and will be sent for analysis. We will keep you updated once the analysis is complete. Thanks.

Jim AppleTech
May 29th, 2012, 12:01 PM
As I understand, no problem was detected from the logs. However, restarting the server fixed the problem. Their is something wrong with 1 new report, that must tie up the "create PDF" process, but I can't see what is wrong with the report.

Support Team
May 29th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Thank you for posting the update. Glad to hear things are working now. Let us know in case you manage to isolate what were causing it.