PDA

View Full Version : LabTech - CommitCRM Integration SQL?

pvision
May 18th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Hi fellow LabTech & CommitCRM users,

We are in the process of switching to LabTech and I'm trying to get the LT PlugIn for CommitCRM integration. I am very close but I can't LT to update assets toCommitCRM. Does anyone know if the SQL Database for CommitCRM (Advantage I think) is needed for this integration to work? My LT contacts are not being very helpful on this one.

A second question, is there any way to resolve the errors about not finding the CommitCRM DB path when you run the LT Control Center remotely?

Thanks for your help with this.

Scott Alpert
Peripheral Vision

Support Team
May 18th, 2012, 01:01 PM
SQL - it is highly recommended with their integration (actually, always recommended and even more with such integrations).

LT are the ones having control over this integration so it is somewhat hard for us to help here... yet, we will be happy to try. Please send us the log files from the Help > Technical Support menu in RangerMSP, we will review them and let you know if we find any clues of what's wrong with their configuration.

lpopejoy
May 18th, 2012, 02:02 PM
When running the control center remotely, you are going to get errors about not finding the DB path, unless that path is resolvable over a VPN & you have that VPN connected. I know... stupid, but that's LT's problem, and quite honestly, probably will never be fixed unless they hand off development of their CommitCRM plugin to a third party.

Support for the CommitCRM plugin will be non-existenent in L1 & probably L2. It's taken me a month or more to get support to address problems that I have had - you kind of have to be patient with the CommitCRM plugin stuff. It's very specialized, and they don't have a ton of people using it, so the couple guys that handle that I think stay pretty busy.

chrisits
May 19th, 2012, 12:49 PM
It has to do with the unfortunate fact that LabTech and Connectwise are now one.

pvision
May 21st, 2012, 10:32 AM
Thanks for your replies.

That's pretty much what I expected.

Did you have to do anything special to get the Asset export from LT to CommitCRM working?

Scott Alpert
Peripheral Vision

shawnsmith
May 21st, 2012, 11:09 AM
I had the CommitCRM DB path error, it was because i was using a 64bit server OS and the ODBC database connector is 32bit. It was causing the connector to break, and not sync anything.

There are topics on the labtech forum that helped me resolve this, and my assets are now updating to myCommitCRM.

No SQL upgrade required.

Let me know if you still have issues.