PDA

View Full Version : PO # on QB Invoice

lpopejoy
May 7th, 2012, 12:12 PM
We've got a few clients that are asking to include a PO with each ticket, and then on the resulting end-of-month Invoice.

I think I already know the answer is that it isn't possible... My question is...
first, am I missing some hidden feature, and,
second, is this something that anyone else is interested in, and,
third, Commit, can you do it? :)

(...and BTW, including a report with charges and associated PO #'s isn't going to work - I already do that, and it isn't good enough for them....)

Support Team
May 7th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Thanks for asking. No, you're not missing anything and as you do now (with the Charge report) it should work, well, except for the fact that your client did not like it).
We did not have any plans to update much in this direction in the near future as we hardly hear about such requests. Noted though. Thank you.

raymond
May 14th, 2012, 09:04 PM
We've been asking for a way to get PO info to the QB invoice for years... we have come up with a work around but it kind of sux and requires our bookkeeper to be paying attention.

We have created a product item called INV-REF-PO which gets added to each ticket requiring a PO... the trick is that the bookkeeper needs to know which "PO charge" goes to which invoice (so she bills per on a per ticket basis when she sees certain clients that require PO's). The second trick is that she then needs to go back and mark the charge as unbilled if the ticket is still open so that it can get applied for the next batch of charges in the ticket... big kludge indeed!

it would be soooooooooo cool if we had a client PO filed that when propagated, would be auto-magically transferred to the QB invoice. Yes, I understand that if you have multiple tickets with different PO's there would be a conflict but it would be simple enough for CommitCRM to come back with an error stating that multiple PO's were being passed to QB and that the invoice was cancelled.

Pleeeeeeaaaaase, add this to a want/need list... (!)

thanks --

//ray

rodinbiz
May 27th, 2012, 01:21 AM
Yes we would like this feature also. We only invoice contracts (including all charges attached to a particular contract) or tickets (including all charges attached to a particular ticket) and so a field at the ticket or contract level that ends up in QuickBooks as the customer reference/purchase order would be perfect.