PDA

View Full Version : Client - multiple site

nharel
April 30th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Hi all.

I have a client that has several satellite sites. I want to track the work done at each site, but the billing to go to one site.

Is there a way to create multiple sites under one umbrella company name?

Support Team
May 1st, 2012, 06:07 AM
Hi nharel,

Yes, if you bill only one site, you should use one main Account for your customer in RangerMSP and link it to your billing customer in QuickBooks.

Then, each location will be implemented using Secondary Contacts feature of the Account (under the Account’s Contacts tab).

This will allow you to keep information per site (such as name, address, phone numbers and more). You will then be able to link Tickets, Assets, Charges, History Notes to the relevant site by linking them to the relevant Contact (to each of these records you can assign a contact after selecting the main Account).

As for billing – it’s actually the same idea - When logging in Charges for this Account, you can select the secondary Contact (i.e. site) which should be linked to the Charge (next to the Account selection field). This way you can link any Charge to the relevant location (and use this for reports, etc.), and still keep all Charges linked to the same Account for billing.

I can also refer you to this forum thread, discussing a similar implementation.

I hope this helps.

Sheli

hayden
May 2nd, 2012, 07:54 PM
There is another way as well, and that's by using different contracts for different sites. Depending on how you work it, this may work out better.

raymond
May 14th, 2012, 09:10 PM
We do what Shelli suggests but it has a huge drawback... there's no way to link contacts to the secondary accounts (nesting)so if Joe User creates a ticket through the email connector, there is no way to have it indicate which site they are from.

The only way then to track per site is to set up separate accounts for each site but that doesn't let you put it under one single invoice... which may not be a big deal as separate invoices per site might make more sense. On that though, if you are using the email connector, you will need to select one site as the "default" for the domain in case users that are not defined in the system send in tickets...

hth...

//ray

nattivillin
May 17th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Very cumbersome to implement. as we have found.