PDA

View Full Version : Quickbooks Link - Zero Dollars in unofficial Invoice

pcpitstop
April 25th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Hello, I hope this is an easy one....

Firstly, I am not new to Commit, or Quickbooks, but I am VERY new to the CommitCRM Quickbooks Link.

All linking seems to work, I can choose an Item (say a part) from the list, set quantities if needed and add other items to get a total value and then I process the Quickbooks link.

The problem I am experiencing is either CommitCRM is not sending the amounts to Quickbooks or CommitCRM is marking them as already paid somehow before sending to Quickbooks.

The the unofficial invoice / memo that is in the last step of the quickbooks link, shows an amount of Zero dollars.

Any suggestions?

Support Team
April 26th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Thank you for asking.

The "classic" case where amounts are sent as zeros to QuickBooks is when the Charge in RangerMSP is set to 'Not-Billable' and you select to include it in the invoice, mainly for the customer to see the work you performed.
Usually this is the case when you have customers on a service contract that covers your work and the Charge records added to RangerMSP default to Not-Billable and thus sent to QuickBooks are zeros.

There's another case with the Australian edition of QuickBooks that under some configurations amounts may be received by QuickBooks as zeroed, even though the amounts are actually being sent to it.

If it sounds like your case I believe that to resolve this you should change some company file settings in QuickBooks.

Open QuickBooks, go to Preferences and change the ‘Sales figures’ radio button to ‘Net’ (it is probably set to ‘Gross’).
See the screenshot below:

/forum_images/quickooks-australia-company-file-zero-amounts.jpg

We hope this helps.