PDA

View Full Version : Closed ticket alert

nattivillin
April 19th, 2012, 07:05 PM
After our blotched migration to 2008R2, when I close a ticket, an email gets sent to our dispatch mailbox saying the ticket is closed.

This email address isn't listed under me, and I checked the dispatch account and alerts is off.

How can i track down what it generating this email alert?

Support Team
April 20th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Email Alerts are sent on Ticket Close events to users that requested to receive alerts on any ticket being closed (commonly in use by accounting reps that handle the billing of closed tickets) or when the user is the ticket manager.

Alerts can be sent to the Employee/user Email1, Email2 or both addresses.

In order to locate this employee/user I recommend that you open the Employees list and see which one has this email address define for either Email1 or Email2.

Thanks,
Dina

nattivillin
April 20th, 2012, 09:04 AM
As i stated previously, the account with this email address (dispatch) has the alerts off for ticket close. It has alerts on for newly created tickets.

Again, how can i track down that is generating these alerts?

Support Team
April 20th, 2012, 10:11 AM
nattivillin, there is no magic here and we cannot simply guess.

Alerts are sent based on settings applied to the system. Maybe another employee has this email set, maybe the 'dispatch' employee user is also set to receive alerts as being the Ticket Manager and this user is assigned to Tickets, maybe the OFF is a recent setting and you need to restart the Alerts Server (RangerMSPServer service) for the changes to apply, maybe another user has this email address on its Email2 email address, etc. Maybe the alert is not in a standard Alerting format and it is something else, maybe you have this email address set, by mistake, as the account email address and this is an email alert sent to customer only that the email address is for the user dispatch etc. Review the data and the suggestions here and you will probably find the answer.

HTH

nattivillin
April 20th, 2012, 11:23 AM
When i look at the employees section this email is only listed once, under one employee. Is this not the complete list of system emails?

Support Team
April 20th, 2012, 11:50 AM
No. By default Email2 is not displayed in the list, unless you manually add it.

If you don't want to add this column to the list click each employee and review the 'General/Address' tab to see both Email addresses.

HTH

nattivillin
April 20th, 2012, 01:55 PM
I added email2 to the view and nobody has an email 2 (except me which also isnt the address in question)

Support Team
April 20th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the update. Please forward us by email a sample email alert message of an actual such alert sent to you.
+
Please send us your log files.

Thanks.

nattivillin
April 30th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Looks like the database re-index fixed it. Thanks.