PDA

View Full Version : CommitCRM wont start after move to 2008R2

nattivillin
April 16th, 2012, 12:22 PM
We get an error about a missing file: cmtqbdf.dpl

Support Team
April 16th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Please verify that you have this file under the \RangerMSP\Client folder. If not, please copy it form \RangerMSP\LastVer folder.

In case you do have it then it's probably a privileges issue - make sure all users have all access rights and all privileges to the entire 'RangerMSP' folder tree.

HTH
Dina

nattivillin
April 16th, 2012, 12:56 PM
that works, and the client looks to be function properly. Now we get an error using the web interface [Can not access CommitCRM Web Interface due to periodic maintenance.

Try again in a few minutes. ]

Support Team
April 16th, 2012, 01:18 PM
It's probably the same issue again, now with the Web interface. Verify that the service is installed properly, that the service runs under a privileged user that has access to all files under the RangerMSP folder tree (by default the 'Local System' user may not be privileged enough).

nattivillin
April 16th, 2012, 01:23 PM
How do i verify it is installed properly? The web service starts with no errors. I removed it and re-installed it again, same results.

I switched to the network admin account for login, same results.

Support Team
April 16th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Has the service started? If so and IPs etc. in the .ini file are valid all should be working.

You can also review the Web interface setup guide to verify that you haven't missed anything during the setup.

If nothing helps, please use the Help > Technical Support menu in RangerMSP to send us your RangerMSP log files for analysis.

nattivillin
April 16th, 2012, 01:31 PM
if the ini wasn't correct you wouldn't get the page that says down for maintenance correct? The service is started. I have read the guide (twice).

Support Team
April 16th, 2012, 02:21 PM
We received the log files and will carefully analyze them - however - We can already tell that there is No log file for the Web interface from today.

This means that:
(1) The service is NOT installed on your new server.
Do you actually see the RangerMSPWebInterface service installed on your server when you open Windows Services list?

(2) The service is installed but has never been started today on your new server.

Also - is it possible that you still have the Web interface running on your old server and that your router forwards traffic to the old server?

nattivillin
April 16th, 2012, 02:32 PM
The service is installed on the new server. It is started and running. The old server is disconnected and the firewall was updated to point to the new server.

Support Team
April 16th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Is it possible that it is installed from a Different path, like if you have two RangerMSP folder trees and it is installed from another?

I can verify again that there is not log file for the Web interface from today in the logs you sent us.

So the above question try to address the assumption that you have more than one setups where the service is installed from a different one than the one from which you've sent us your log files.

Support Team
April 16th, 2012, 02:36 PM
In addition - Please email us some screen shots:
1. The services list
2. The RangerMSPWebInterface service window properties

nattivillin
April 16th, 2012, 02:38 PM
It is possible that it is installed from the wrong path. What should the path be?

nattivillin
April 16th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Path to executable: D:\COMMIT\CommitWebInterface.exe

nattivillin
April 16th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Ok so wrong path, should be \CommitCRM\WebInterface\CommitWebInterface.exe

correct?

nattivillin
April 16th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Should the .exe be in both places?

I uninstalled the wrong path, and tried to install from the correct path and error: ace32.dll missing. Where is that file supposed to be so i can put it back?

Support Team
April 16th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Yes, correct. The RangerMSPWebInterface.exe file does not exist under the \RangerMSP folder but only under the \RangerMSP\WebInterface folder.

Please post an update when you have it.

Support Team
April 16th, 2012, 02:45 PM
I suspect that something in the way you implemented the migration of the system from one server to the other was incorrect.

Such migration cannot be discussed over here.

We will be contacting you by email to provide more migration instructions.

nattivillin
April 16th, 2012, 02:48 PM
looks like it.

Support Team
April 16th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Migration info sent by email.

Please do Not discuss the migration details over here. Thank you.

nattivillin
April 16th, 2012, 08:11 PM
When I start to receive actual help here, i am directed to take it to email. Then it took over 30 minutes between the first two responses, and then nothing.

So here it is 10pm, the last email i received was at 4:49pm. I sent an email at 4:53, 4:56, and then another one at 5:46 after i heard nothing.

Is this normal support speed or is something special going on?

Support Team
April 17th, 2012, 12:56 AM
For what it worth we first heard about this problem here in this forum thread and have replied within 15 minutes... and then most replies been provided in about 5-10 minutes.

Anyway, many of the files been missing or located in the wrong folder after your server migration, this thread covers two, so it's clear that something were missed during the server migration process.

If you have access to your original server 'shard driver follow the migration instructions again. This would be by far the easiest option. We understand that you went through this process in the past so it shouldn't take long.

In case you don't have access to the old server, then, go ahead and reinstall the system and then restore from backup. In this case you may need to reconfigure some of your .ini files for the Web interface and RangerMSP Server.

nattivillin
April 17th, 2012, 04:20 AM
I sent the first email at 11:32 am on 4/16/12. It went to Support @ .

Did you not receive that?

Support Team
April 17th, 2012, 04:24 AM
No, we have not. We only received your email with the log files after we requested it here.

nattivillin
April 19th, 2012, 07:01 PM
We sent it. Shows sent from the desktop and the server, not sure what happened.

It is now working.