PDA

View Full Version : Email integration

aacomps
April 16th, 2012, 06:35 AM
I am using the email connector for some time, I have an important remark/question
If some sent an email with ticket number that was closed I cannot see the correspondence

Is there a way to resolve it?

Support Team
April 16th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Hi aacomps,

When using the Email Connector Ticket Threading, all correspondence for the Ticket (open or closed) is logged in the Ticket History and can be viewed from the Ticket window in the application. As long as the email connector can find the Ticket in the database according to the Ticket number in the subject line (and some other verification rules like who is the Sender), it will log the email in the Ticket's history so you can clearly see all correspondence in one place.

Note that the email body itself (of the single/current reply from the customer) may contain only the most recent correspondence, depending on the contents of the email the customer sends in.

HTH
Sheli

aacomps
April 17th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Hi Sheli,
Thank you for your reply
I know that it can be tracked through the history tab
The problem is that normally that everyday alot of tickets are being generated, the default view is set to show open tickets
more over - there is no indicator besides the history tab that a new email was received

My advice that a closed ticked will set to open if a new feedback was received via email
AND set a message flag so the technician will know that someone sent an email and he is waiting for an answer

At the moment I am sending a copy of all the emails sent to the support email and monitor it so nothing is missed

lpopejoy
April 17th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Yes, I agree... There needs to be some indication when tickets are updated via an external source (API, email, etc). At this point, these tickets will show in the Inbox, but you have no clue they are there. The way I am dealing with this now, is I have a script that runs every 15 minutes and emails me a list of any tickets that are both Unread AND in the Inbox - because that means they are tickets that have been recently updated.

On a side note, I also have a stoplight in my office - yellow light turns on (or did until I moved servers) when there's new tickets in the inbox. Ok, yeah, I'm a hopeless geek. :)

Support Team
April 17th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Thank you guys for the feedback.

There is already an indication that tells whether there is a new information (e.g. an email from the customer) logged under the Ticket and whether it was seen by the Ticket Manager or not.
Please check this article for more.

In regards to auto-open the Ticket if it's been closed, well, I'm not sure that everyone will be happy with this. For example, the last 'Thank You' email from the client will move a completed Ticket into your Open Tickets queue, which is probably not the best idea. This is why such Tickets are currently moved to the Inbox but are not being opened automatically. I do see why in other cases automatically opening the ticket would have helped. Thanks.

Besides, @lpopejoy, Is this for real? If so, can you take a photo of this and email it to us?

Sheli

lpopejoy
April 17th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Absolutely for real. Sure, I'll email you a photo.

What I meant is there is no "real time" indicator. You have to manually check the inbox to see if there are new tickets. That creates a huge opportunity for missing something. Some tickets, if they sit for an hour, you've exceeded your SLA.

aacomps
April 17th, 2012, 07:56 AM
it is better to get the case re-opened then to loose feedback from the user
maybe it is better so set a new status "user feedback" rather then "new"

Sheli - when working with alot of tickets your system fails to work and just add extra load to keep checking the incoming data for user's inputs rather than handle open requests

Support Team
April 17th, 2012, 08:04 AM
@aacomps - your feedback and notes were clear and make sense. I have hinted with my example that not everyone will be happy with such a change so while logging this I also took an internal note that it may be optional.

Thanks.