PDA

View Full Version : "Relations" under Accounts window

lpopejoy
April 9th, 2012, 10:25 AM
I'm looking at starting to use the "Relations" under the main Account window. One suggestion I have is to be able to have a note (or maybe even custom fields, but I'm sure that's too much to ask...) associated with each Relationship record. For instance, ClientX uses CopierCompanyY for printer/copier service. It would be nice to be able to pull in CopierCompanyY under the relations tab, but then add ClientX's account #'s, machine #'s, etc in the notes of that relationship. ...and of course this could scale well for usernames, passwords, account #'s, encryption keys, etc for any SaaS provider. ...and the cool thing is then you could go to that "CopierCompanyY"s account record and view everyone that is associated with them. I think that would be extremely beneficial in the long run.

Does this make sense? I believe it would take my relationship with the "relationships" to the next level. Thanks for considering.

Support Team
April 9th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Currently there's a field that define the relation between the two linked records - supplier/customer, provider/reseller, etc. though as you mentioned a notes field for the relation is not available. Feedback noted. Thanks.