PDA

View Full Version : Several Random Questions about items, fields and quotes

dytechs
April 6th, 2012, 11:27 AM
1. I want to be able to add a field to the item which can be filled in for the manufacturer part number. This item does not need to be displayed on the invoice on show up as part of the information in charges. Its more for ease of ordering items. I see a "field 1" and tried to rename it but it wants a drop down list of information. Not exactly what I was looking for as I just need one part number per item to avoid any confusion.

2. Is there a way to group a set of items to automatically appear on a ticket. For example, when we create a ticket for installing a pc. Can I have charges automatically appear so the tech just has to open the charges individually and enter their amounts?

3. For quotes, is there a way to do the same type of thing for quoting items. For example, we open a quote for a customer for an NEC phone system. Can it automatically populate the items required for that system in order to stream line the process. That way the only thing the tech has to do is enter the number of items required to complete the quote?

Support Team
April 7th, 2012, 02:20 AM
Thank you for asking:

#1: I believe that just like you suggested 'Field1' of the Item record can sure be used for this. Yes, it's possible to manage a drop down list of values for it but this is completely optional, you can type in any number or text you want into this field including the manufacturer part number, and, you can rename it too by double clicking the 'Field1' label and updating the field Name and Lable in the window that opens.

#2: Not exactly, a group of Charges cannot be added at once however a group of tasks can. Using Activity Templates you can manage and instantly add all of the Tasks you need to perform for different projects, like building a new PC, and have all these Tasks appear under the Ticket at once. You can then convert these Tasks into Charges.

#3: Here's what you can/should do: Create several Quote templates under Your business Account. Use these Quotes as templates. Then, whenever you need to create a similar quote - instead of manually creating it - copy it from the 'template' Quote you prepared and simply select the relevant Account.

We hope this helps. Have a great weekend.