PDA

View Full Version : GFI Max Integration

sgtinc
March 30th, 2012, 12:13 PM
I have just set up my integration with GFI Max and it is working just as expected. What I would like to do though is only open a ticket if a specific issue has been ongoing for 15-30 minutes. For example - I am monitoring some of our backup servers and when they are actively backing up a client, the memory usage may spike short term and then clear in a minute or two. I don't want a ticket every time this happens as I know it will clear soon.

Any way to accomplish this? Or is there a way to automatically close tickets that come back as passed?

Thanks,
Yancey

Support Team
March 30th, 2012, 01:16 PM
The scenario is clear, however RangerMSP does not "know" when a memory usage spike alert is an actual problem or not and thus if it is raised by GFI MAX then a Ticket in RangerMSP is raised. The 15-30 minutes delay in opening new tickets automatically may work for this scenario but not for others that are more critical and an immediate attention is required. Good point though. I'll have it logged so we'll review it again.

Thanks,
Dina

sgtinc
March 30th, 2012, 02:48 PM
If it is going to be a feature then maybe some type of ability to decide what kind of alerts should raise a ticket and what kind should be noted via the NOC. This would also be a nice to have in GFI - to say do not mark as a failure until X number of failed checks in a given time period.

So I guess it now depends on which side would be the logical choice to make the change.

Thanks,
Yancey