PDA

View Full Version : Best Practice with Customer and Secondary Contact.

itognet
March 13th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Hi,

On a main customer account, I am very unsure on how actually to use the Contact and Email fields.

Should I leave them empty, and actually create a secondary contact instead?
What is the Logic ?

Btw, why does CommitCRM let us create multiply accounts with the same e-mail address (Main and secondary account), when everything is concentrated about the email address in ticket creation.

Support Team
March 14th, 2012, 06:03 AM
A main Account is also a Contact, the main Contact. So, you can use the Email fields to store the email for the contact. However, you can also leave the Contact field of the main Account empty and only manage Contacts as Secondary Contacts. The benefit of using the Contact field of the main account is that when the Account is selected (like for net Tickets, Charges, Assets, etc.) this Account main Contact is automatically select for the Contact of the record being created (Ticket, Asset, etc.).

About allowing to add more accounts with the same emails - well, not everyone use the Email Connector and there are many scenarios where a contact/person may be related to more than one account (like a consultant). Sometimes a customer Account is split into several different RangerMSP Account, etc. and blocking it will not be desired by the user. In any case this is something we can sure thing about. Thanks for asking.

Dina

itognet
March 14th, 2012, 02:31 PM
OK, I will go for having no email and contact for the main account, and use the secondary contact option.

Another question is, if I sent an e-mail to our public CommitCRM e-mail address, how can I have CommitCRM to create a ticket of what I write ?

Bonusinfo 1: is that I am created as an Employee instead of secondary contact.
Bonusinfo 2: the email disappears, with no actions in Commit, no response, nothing.

Is there something I should change ?

Support Team
March 14th, 2012, 02:48 PM
In regards to your questions - my guess is that the automated emails feature of the email connector is enabled and not configured correctly so email messages are being 'hijacked'.

Check out this article to learn how to send emails to the email connector, as an employee, and have it converted into a service Ticket under one of your customer accounts.

HTH.

itognet
March 21st, 2012, 02:31 PM
I have read the article and do understand but

the situation is that, I am created as an employee with my e-mail address. (this is mandatory, right? )

I am also created as an secondary contact with the same e-mail address.
This way, it is possible to create tickets for my company account, and myself as contact.

So now I am created twice, and cannot figure what actually to do, because I need both accounts. Right ?

When I e-mail to the public CommitCRM e-mail address, the e-mail ignored with this message:
You should process this Email manually.
Reason: Could not determine to which Account the Email is related to as more than one Account

How can I get this to work the right way ?

Support Team
March 22nd, 2012, 06:20 AM
The Employee email address should ONLY be set for the employee record and nothing else.
Employees have special rights with the email connector and the system identifies them as ones and once it does their reply is automatically being distributed to the customer etc.
Therefore, you should only set the employee email address at the employee record level and nowhere else (so delete your secondary contact under the account created for your business).

In order to have tickets created under different accounts based on emails sent from employees use the idea that were suggested and described in this article (same as above). Then, to have the new ticket opened under your business account set your business account token/ID in the subject based on how you configured automated emails to work.

itognet
March 26th, 2012, 04:08 AM
About having the contacts both as an employee and a contact - Shouldnt CommitCRM check for this?

I have deleted by secondary contacts.

With no secondary contacts, tell me, how I can do this in Commit:

Create a ticket, Choose my own company as customer,
Select an contact for the ticket ??? The list is empty.

Support Team
March 26th, 2012, 06:23 AM
The contact in this case will be empty, or say differently - the main contact for your business account will be selected.

Your business account is identified with the "trick" (as described in the article) just like it works for any other other customer.

itognet
March 26th, 2012, 07:14 AM
I don't understand.

How do I select the contact, when creating a ticket inside CommitCRM (Not by e-mail)

Dennis.

Support Team
March 26th, 2012, 07:20 AM
The Contact is listed right to the Account field in the new Ticket Window, or below the Account field when viewing the Ticket's 'General' tab.

Select the Contact from the drop down.

itognet
March 26th, 2012, 08:00 AM
I know where the contact field is. But it is empty, until I create a secondary contact (which you told me not do to).

And this is my problem.

Support Team
March 26th, 2012, 08:24 AM
You can add as many secondary contacts so you can select them for your business - However - do Not specify the Employee email address for these secondary Contacts as an Employee email address should Only be specified for their Employee record.

HTH