PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited support contracts

Steven
December 14th, 2007, 10:57 AM
I have clients which are under an unlimited support contract for a set amount of money. I want to be able to show the profitability of this contract, i.e. how much we would bill if they were not on an unlimited support contract. I need a way to add the tickets and charges but they should not be invoiced since they are on unlimited support. What is the best way to do this?

Support Team
December 14th, 2007, 11:27 AM
I believe the best way to handle this is using a monthly Block of Money Contract.

When using the Block of Money contract, you can add Charges and they will deduct the amount of money from the block, yet will set Charge as "Not Billable" automatically (this type of Contract assumes the billing is handled separately), so this Charge will not appear in the open balances and you will not need to create Invoices for it.

Once you reach the Block of Time limit, the system will warn you that you are exceeding the Contract terms, but will still allow you to use it, so you can go on and add extra Charges. This way you will be able to easily see if this Contract is profitable for you, since you log in all the Charges you would have billed the customer with if you were not using the block of time agreement.

You can view the Contract balance at any time from the Contract window in the General tab (next to the Status field) - if the Contract exceeds the limit, the balance will appear in red.

You may also generate Contracts reports (from Reports > Contracts), such as the "Contract List by Type and Expiration" report, and view the balance of each Contract.

Dina