PDA

View Full Version : Manual Auto-Response

itognet
February 7th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Hi

I know that I can enable the Auto-Response, when receiving an e-mail.
(Thank you for your Email.
A new Service Ticket was created in response to your email.....)

But, I don't want it on ALL e-mails, only those I choose.

- Often, I edit these new tickets, so the right information is supplied for the technician.
Such information could be: Remember to add asset toCommitCRM.

So my question is, I want to use an E-mail template for my Auto-Response.
But, my customer will get the extra information, which was meant for the technician.

Am I doing it right, or should I move the information meant to the technician somewhere else ? - If yes, Where ?

Support Team
February 7th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Hi itognet,

The automated response is sent to the customer and is not something you should mix with information meant for employees.

Since you need to edit the Ticket anyway in order to assign the relevant task to the technician, perhaps a better way to go about this is using tasks with email alerts.

What I suggest is that you add a Task (e.g. "remember to add Asset to RangerMSP") and assign it to the technician. This will automatically send an email Alert (assuming the Alerts Server is active and the employee is defined to receive email alerts) with the task details, and the technician will be able to see the linked Ticket in the task. You can read more details in the Alerts Server user guide.

I hope this makes sense.

Sheli

itognet
February 9th, 2012, 08:53 AM
I will try out the task thing.

Another reason for not having the automated response always enabled is that I have created many of my suppliers inCommitCRM.
Fx. When a supplier sends us an invoice, a ticket is created for the acct. manager, which takes care for the payment. The payment receipt is placed in the ticket.
An automated response is unnecessary in this situation.
I can give many other situations where the automated response looks 'stupid'.
So thats the real reason for having a manual auto response.

I can't be the only one having this situation :)
I don't ask for a solution, but just giving my point of view.