PDA

View Full Version : Web Form Assets sort order

racassel
February 5th, 2012, 08:08 AM
We're trying to use the web portal on site, and it appears there is no sort order for this. Trying to find an asset is difficult. Is there a way to have the assets sorted by asset name?

The ability to select "expand all" for assets would be helpful too, as for some of the accounts it requires them to press, show more a few times to see all the assets and find the one they need.

Are any improvements to sorting and filtering planned for the next release of the web module? We're new to CommitCRM and our Engineers are very dissapointed with the web portal and have reverted to using RDP as a result.

Support Team
February 6th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Hi racassel,

Thank you for your feedback.

When viewing assets via the main Assets window in the Web Interface you can sort the list by clicking the column name. When viewing via the Assets area in the Account window it's indeed not possible to sort. I agree that finding assets in this window can be cumbersome when you have a large list of assets.

In general, when using the web interface you may find it easier to access the information via:

The "Go To Recent Items" list which keeps a list of assets, accounts, tickets, etc. which you have viewed recently.
Going to the Asset from the Ticket which is linked to it. You can easily find the Ticket from the Appointment linked to it. The idea is to find the easier objects (like appointment and ticket) and then go to the asset which can be harder to locate.

I know these methods don't answer all the requirements, and I have logged your important feedback regarding the filtering and sorting options in the web interface. Thank you.

Dina

racassel
February 6th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Are any improvements to sorting and filtering planned for the next release of the web module?

Support Team
February 6th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Unfortunately I do not have this information at this stage :-(

(Update from RangerMSP Team: Starting with Version 18 Asset lists in Web Interface are now sorted by the Asset Name OR Code, based on the default sort selected under Tools > Options > Assets tab.)