PDA

View Full Version : Back date tickets

g@gp4pc
January 23rd, 2012, 01:20 AM
Hi all,

I have evaluated and purchased Commit, so now I want to get going and want to start off by entering all jobs I have done since for Jaunuary and then process the invoices through QuickBooks.
Has anyone done this before and if so can you share any tips for doing this?

My CommitCRM is on a server, I am using the client on a Windows 7 PC with QuickBooks on the PC as well.
My initial thoughts are to change the date on the server and PC to that of the day in which I want to process the ticket. Could this cause any issues?

Some of the invoicing will be done at the end of the month where as other will need to be done on the day of the ticket. Does anyone know of any issues with QuickBooks by adjusting the computer date?

lpopejoy
January 23rd, 2012, 07:29 AM
Why don't you just change the ticket open date? Won't that achieve the same thing?

Support Team
January 23rd, 2012, 08:39 AM
Hi g@gp4pc,

Changing the server's/computer's date is not not recommended and might cause unexpected results. We strongly advise against it.

I'm not sure whether this will answer your needs, but I suggest that you create the Invoices for the current date, and update the Charge dates to represent the actual date the job was performed.

This way the job description will show the actual dates of the work.

I hope this is what you need.

Dina