PDA

View Full Version : Feature request for tasks

racassel
January 14th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Three handy features to add for the tasks in CommitCRM.

1.) Ability to right click in the all tasks view, and roll over all tasks to today or a future date.
2.) User selectable option to auto-rollover uncompleted tasks to the next day.
3.) Drag a task to the calendar and convert it to an appointment.

Support Team
January 16th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Great suggestions which can make tasks management smoother. I have logged them to our feature list.

Thanks.

racassel
January 16th, 2012, 08:56 AM
I think the reverse would be good too. If something is on my calender, and I decide I want to do it later, but no specific date, I would like to drag the appointment over to tasks then I can get to it later.. Thanks!

Support Team
January 16th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Noted. Thanks.

racassel
January 20th, 2012, 04:21 AM
I'm having a real problem with the tasks, and don't want to keep them in Outlook, vsCommitCRM. I think a simple fix might be to allow no date, (in Outlook this is possible) and the logic is, if the task has no date, display it "today". So a roll over is not needed and it may be a quick fix.

I have a list of a hundred things I need or want to do.. Some of them will go on the calendar this week, and others may hit my calendar in a week or two, while others may hang out for months waiting to be scheduled or deleted.

Coming from another CRM that allowed me to drag tasks to or from the calender and display timeless activities and auto or manual roll over appointments was a big plus for planning and productivity. I write this as I am planning on moving my 100+ items out of CommitCRM tasks into Outlook....

How does, or will CommitCRM handle syncing Outlook tasks with no date? Maybe I can use Outlook as my "Tasks Engine" for now, and still display them in my CommitCRM calender task view by syncing..

Support Team
January 20th, 2012, 11:21 AM
When syncing Tasks with Outlook - Tasks with no date set in Outlook will be synced into RangerMSP with today's date. However, the Task in Outlook will remain the same (i.e. - no date set).
When a synced Task in Outlook has a date, and you then remove the date (so now the synced Task has no date in Outlook) - this will not affect the Task date in RangerMSP during the next sync.
So - Tasks with no date can sync with RangerMSP and they'll remain (unless modified) with no date.

HTH