PDA

View Full Version : Right click ticket to change status

Araphael
January 14th, 2012, 07:47 AM
We constantly find us having to open a ticket to change the status. While the new preview helps, I typically show all my tickets in list view and only open them when I need to work on them (too many tickets to deal with). Since we can already add notes and charges by going to the menu bar, would it be possibly to right click the ticket and change the status? This would save some clicks.
Hope you will consider this.
Thanks

Support Team
January 16th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Hi Araphael,

Yes, this makes sense to me. I added your request to our list, to have the option to change a ticket's status from the list. Hope we will be able to implement quickly. Thanks.

Sheli

racassel
January 16th, 2012, 08:59 AM
I was just thinking the same thing. +1 Thanks!
While you are in there, to right click, and go to the related account would save a click too :)

Support Team
January 16th, 2012, 11:10 AM
I see your point. In many windows we have such options in the right-click menu, I believe the Ticket's menu is just getting too large as it is. Will need to find a creative way to add more options without making it too cumbersome...

Please note that if you use the Preview tab view, all you need to do is click the Link next to the Account Name to open it. Quick and easy...

I hope this helps.

racassel
January 18th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I find I work a lot in the charges screen. Right click to go to the related account or ticket would be nice too!

Support Team
January 18th, 2012, 10:58 AM
When you hit the 'Go Advanced' option for a Charge details window - you can simply right click the Account or Ticket fields and select the 'Show Ticket' or 'Show Account' option. This does exactly what you asked, and BTW, this is available from everywhere, not just the Charge record. For example, right click the Account field in the Tickets window and select 'Show Account' to open a new Window with the linked Account already displayed, etc.

racassel
January 19th, 2012, 04:42 AM
Thank you that is helpful.

Regarding the tickets screen, Those options could be combined into a second list, for example, click on Sort Options to expand the list of options, making room for other options.

There appears to be room at the top of the Tickets List and the Charges List, to put the option "Show Linked" like you have on the Calendar, Messages and Documents screen.

As a new user, logically this is where I am looking to find a linked items on all the screens.

Other screens where this may be helpful and maintain overall consistancy
of the interface are Opportunities and Quotes.

Support Team
January 19th, 2012, 06:30 AM
You are welcome and thank you for sharing your thoughts!