PDA

View Full Version : CommitCRM - Quickbooks sync issue

MaizeyTech
January 13th, 2012, 04:19 AM
Hi guys

Ive just downloaded commitCRM and really like the look of it. However im having issues getting it working with my quickbooks database.

When i select the database and it tries to access I get an error.

Error Code: 0080040431
Message: The apllication trying to connect to quickbooks does not support quickbooks simple start edition.

Problem is i have quickbooks plus (Australian) installed and working fine. Ive tried reinstalling quickbooks links and rebuilding the databse file. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Support Team
January 13th, 2012, 06:16 AM
MaizeyTech, assuming the you have version 2008/9 or above of QuickBooks Plus - Australian edition, then it should definitely work (earlier Australian editions are not supported).

Please verify that under Tools > Options > QuickBooks tab US is selected (The Australian edition syncs in US mode).

Also, try installing QBFC 7 (Inuit's QuickBooks API) by running the setup file found under \RangerMSP\ThirdParty\QuickBooks.

I hope this helps.
Dina

MaizeyTech
January 13th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Hi dina

I have 2011/12 version of quickbooks.

The quickbooks tab is set to US.

Tried reinstalling QBFC 7 from the install file and same issue.

Regards

Nick

Support Team
January 16th, 2012, 06:03 AM
All should work then... Maybe it has something to do with QB installation, maybe a broken one or somehow a mixed QB editions installed on the same PC. From the message you provided QB APIs think that a different version of QB is installed, than the one you report. It thinks that it's Simple Start which is an edition that does not support such API calls while you're using another version. I believe that such a mismatch might also occur when something is broken with the activation of QuickBooks - it's activated differently than purchased - if this is the case maybe you can contact Intuit representatives and fix that.
Another thing to try is connecting from another PC on your network, one that has a fresh install of QB.

We hope that the above will help.

tiimbo
March 3rd, 2013, 06:56 PM
I have the same issue, was this resolved?

I have quickbooks pro 09/10 aus installed on the server with commit, and trying to create an invoice from the workstation...

Support Team
March 4th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Yes, sure all such issues can be resolved even if it sometimes requires some trial and error related to how the QuickBooks integration layer/API responses. In any case, please use the Help > Technical Support menu in RangerMSP to email us your RangerMSP log files with Outlook. We will review them and get back to you with our suggestions.

Hope this helps.