PDA

View Full Version : Hide inactive Accounts

CCSiOnline
January 6th, 2012, 02:03 PM
I have a client that has decided to reorganize and make two seperate companies. Neither of them having the original name. How do I hide an inactive company so that it isn't in my list all the time.?

Support Team
January 6th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Thanks for asking. First, you can use a Filter in your Accounts list and when using the Accounts window activate it so all such records will not be listed (I mean, use one of the free fields of the Account to 'flag' such records, and then filter by it).
I think that if the "old" accounts will never be used again you can also merge them into the new Accounts for the very same business. Also, if this is just a name change you can simply change the name of your Accounts in RangerMSP and you're done. In case you have to keep the old records and open new ones, consider renaming the old ones by adding a "ZZZ" prefix to their name. This will simply put them at the end of the list by default and you will also not accidentally select one of these records as everyone will know not to select "ZZZ..." records. While this is not the most advanced technique it may helps in some cases as once renamed no other action (like apply a filter) is required.

Hope this helps.

nharel
June 16th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Following up on this item, is there a way to hide inactive accounts on the web form?

Support Team
June 18th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Not exactly. The coming 6.0 release will offer something in this direction in regards to secondary contacts. Thank you for asking.

aaspeer
June 18th, 2012, 01:44 PM
It would be great to see that functionality pushed globally, meaning that anything marked inactive will not show by default.

Austin Speer
Onward IT Consultants

nattivillin
June 18th, 2012, 09:05 PM
I agree. I have never seen a software package that did not allow one to hide inactive things.

Seeing old disgraced employees every time I go to the list burns me up every time.

foxxste
July 19th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Hear Hear

My beef is with the items list.
Yes we can filter inactive items out - if we turn on the filter every time!

It should be reversed, whereby the inactive filter needs to be turned off if you want to see an inactive item.

This is a program designed for the IT industry and stock items become obsolete every day.

Stephen

raymond
January 22nd, 2013, 08:59 PM
you can hide items in the items list... simply mark them as suspended and check the box "hid suspended items".

BUT, not being able to hide inactive accounts and/or employees (and contacts) is just plain-old-wrong... :-)

//ray

maxtowns
October 3rd, 2013, 12:44 PM
Agree with above posts - inactive should be 'global' and filtered as the default

I thought I read somewhere in the 6.2 release notes that inactive accounts whilst still showing in the accounts page (unless filtered out etc.) would not show in drop down lists

I am just checking by creating a new ticket and all active and inactive accounts are still showing in the account drop down

Can't (shouldn't) inactive accounts not appear here/if you want to create a ticket for an inactive account go and make them active first then come back and create a ticket?

Thanks

Max

Support Team
October 3rd, 2013, 12:56 PM
No, it wasn't meant to be included in 6.2, however, our next release will support just that.

(Update from RangerMSP Team: Starting with RangerMSP 7 RangerMSP fully “understands” Account status and doesn’t show inactive Accounts in various Windows. Secondary Contacts of inactive Accounts are also hidden. In order to show Inactive Accounts just un-check “Hide inactive Accounts” in the Accounts main Window and Accounts selection Window.