PDA

View Full Version : Create Opportunity from Quote and Vise Versa

racassel
December 31st, 2011, 10:34 AM
I like the new Quoting feature. Please consider adding a button to create an Opportunity based on the quote. Also, a shortcut to create a quote, based on a new Opportunity.

lpopejoy
January 1st, 2012, 06:21 PM
...and don't forget… convert a quote to a ticket.

:)

Support Team
January 2nd, 2012, 07:01 AM
@racassel - Feedback noted and will be evaluated. Thank you for asking.

@lpopejoy - Already good news here! This will be supported in the next version of RangerMSP.

mikemannarino
August 23rd, 2012, 02:07 PM
What verison will this be supported in. I am currently running thetrial version of 6.0.0.3 and I do not see a way to turn an opportunity into a quote. We were just talking about not having this feature really makes having the opportunity area useless for us.

Support Team
August 23rd, 2012, 02:23 PM
It's hard to tell. Let me explain - Things are constantly being evaluated in comparison with other things so it's hard to tell and we always try to prevent from promising anything. A year ago there wasn't a quoting feature in RangerMSP at all, not to mention tons of new features and options just introduced with 6.0. For example, @lpopejoy suggested above a feature to convert a Quote into a service Ticket and... - it was included in the new 6.0 release. So, while we understand the requirement here and believe that we will move in this direction in the future we cannot currently tell when exactly it will be added. I have just added your vote for it. Thank you for asking.

***Update from the RangerMSP Team:
Starting with RangerMSP 10 Quotes can be created from the Opportunity and existing Quote can be linked to the Opportunity.