PDA

View Full Version : Customers View ticket online

nattivillin
November 19th, 2011, 08:17 AM
We added the links to the web interface tickets view to the bottom our of ticket open and close email template. When the email connectors sends the ticket open/close email, it says view online, but there is no link.

Did we miss something?

This is what shows up in their email;

Hello,
A new Service Ticket has been created for your account.
Your Service Ticket number: 0500-1571
Ticket created:11/17/2011 02:59 PM
Issue / problem:
REVO DVR WILL NOT CONNECT.
View your ticket online:

Thank You.

Support Team
November 21st, 2011, 06:28 AM
Many items can lead to this. My guess is that something is broken with the Email Template you use.
Here's what you should try first:

From the Tickets window in RangerMSP click to send an email and from the drop down select your customized template. An Outlook new email window opens - do you see links? If not, try to select a system (not customized) Email Template - do you see the links now? If so, compare the two templates to identify what change in the customized template caused it.

Only once your Email Template work well with links using the Email button and Outlook it should work with auto response emails sent by the Email Connector.

Also make sure that you enable 'Web Links in Emails' under the Tools > Options > Web interface tab.

Last but not least - Web interface links are added and embedded in Email Templates selectively - the links are added only Accounts that have active Web users defined. This way you will not confuse customers without Web users.

I hope this helps.
Dina

nattivillin
November 21st, 2011, 08:43 AM
It shows for some customers. Only the ones with active web users i assume?

Is there a way to send a different template to the ones who don't have active web accounts?

Is there a way to automatically create web accounts for everyone?

Support Team
November 21st, 2011, 11:50 AM
It shows for some customers. Only the ones with active web users i assume?
True! As mentioned above (the last item): Web interface links are added and embedded in Email Templates selectively - the links are added only Accounts that have active Web users defined. This way you will not confuse customers without Web users.

Is there a way to send a different template to the ones who don't have active web accounts?
Automatically the selected template is sent. Manually you can select any template you select.
Please review how system templates are created the View and Edit links are removed automatically if not links are added so I recommend that you keep this area as is a not add your text.

Is there a way to automatically create web accounts for everyone?
No. Anything related to users is managed one a one-by-one basis so you'll have full control over each user, their passwords and privileges.

HTH,
Dina

nattivillin
November 21st, 2011, 11:56 AM
I guess the main problem is we have; View your ticket online - then the link. When that shows up with no link it makes us look crazy.

But the link by itself isn't very description about what it is / does. I assume people wouldn't click on it without knowing what it is.

nattivillin
November 21st, 2011, 12:36 PM
There is a description. It says View then lists the link. I don't see this every time (even for people with web accounts) Maybe we are choosing the wrong fields for the template.

Which one of these says view before it gives the link?

<CMTLBLDATA_FLDGENCOMMITWEBINTERFACESHOWRECORD> <CMTLBLDATA_FLDGENCOMMITWEBINTERFACESHOWURLLNK>

There is one entry for edit and one for view. Can they still edit if they click on view? If so there is no need for both entries correct?

Support Team
November 22nd, 2011, 06:22 AM
Yes, they are just being navigated to a different first page - the edit window or the view window.