PDA

View Full Version : New Server Environment

Federico
November 13th, 2011, 05:55 AM
Hello everyone, a new user from Italy.
I'm currently trying commit, seems fantastic! I need to setup my environment for my new IT Company next year so i'm trying to figure out costs and my needs.

I planned to have a server outside my company (for future implementation like web interface, and db connectors) so here's the question: can CommitCRM run on a 2008R2 Web Edition?

Thanks

Support Team
November 14th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Hi Federico, thank you for evaluating RangerMSP and for your feedback!

The Web interface, email connector and everything else can be configured on a server in your office. This is the case even if your business Web site is hosted with a 3rd party hosting provider. On your Web site you'll need to have a log-in form or a link that works with the Web interface installed at your office.

In case using a remote server is something you need anyway (regardless of the Web interface that does Not require this) then you can definitely use a standard hosted Windows server including 2008R2, just don't pick the Web edition as RangerMSP is designed to work with standard servers. There are plenty of hosting providers that offers such hosted servers. Then, with RangerMSP SQL Database you will be able to use RangerMSP remotely (i.e. from your office to the hosted server).

Hope this helps.
Dina

hayden
November 14th, 2011, 01:48 PM
In theory it will work, however these sort of apps are not designed to run on the web version. The web version, by definition, is for hosting front end web pages/web apps.

Licensing wise, I think you will be breaking the EULA.

Federico
November 16th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Thanks for the reply.
After a test i notice that CommitCRM works great on a Webserver Edition but otherwise i think i will implement it on my business server for many reasons:

1- If i would have a network problem my clients can work in lan
2- Bandwith of outgoing and incoming query traffic to CommitCRM traffic for tech-on-the-go is affordable
3- Hosting a VPS for only the CommitCRM is expensive here in italy