PDA

View Full Version : How do I Know Which Email Template is Being Used

allanc
November 9th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Here is my scenario:
I have modified a ticket template (with your help - thank you) and it now appears in the ticket -> print list.
It also appears in the 'EMail ticket as an attachment' and this functions properly also.
My questions are related as follows:
1. How do I know (without you telling me) which *Email Template* is being used to send that attachment when I use 'EMail ticket as an attachment'?
2. I would like to modify this template so how do I direct this function to use a different Email template?

Thank you in advance.

Support Team
November 10th, 2011, 05:59 AM
I believe that you can visit this page and learn how Email Templates and settings defaults.

HTH
Dina

allanc
November 10th, 2011, 11:01 AM
I do not thaink that applies in this case.
I am referring to the 'Email Ticket as a PDF Attachment' pull down.
The default for that selection is 'Technician Service Form 1'.
If I make no changes at all and look at the form that is the actual *body of the Email* and compare that to the *attachment of the Email* - they are different.
If I go into the report area and copy 'Technician Service Form 1' and go into design mode for the copy - I can see that *'Technician Service Form 1'* is the actual attachment.

So my questions are:
1. How do I know the name of the actual form name of the *Email* portion of this function?
2. Even if I knew the name, copied it and modified it, how would I specify that I wanted the modified form to be the Email body?
I am asking this because, as I mentioned above, the default form seems to be controlling the *attachment*. You are not selecting one item for the body of the Email and another for the attachment.

I hope that I have clarified my observations and questions.

Thank you once again.

Support Team
November 10th, 2011, 11:31 AM
OK, I hope I'm following you here:

The PDF attachment:
This is based on a Report and it's content will be identical to the report with that name.
When you click the drop down arrow for the 'Email as PDF' you see of list of all of the relevant Ticket reports, once selected, these is the layout that will be converted into a PDF file and be attached to the email.

As you mentioned, the default is 'Technician Service Form1'.
However, if you want to use another format, including a customized one you designed, you can:
(1) select it from the drop down (each time)
or better:
(2) select it as the default report format - go to Tools > Options > Tickets (Admin) tab and select it as the default for Ticket printing.

The Email body:
The email body for the 'Email as PDF' option has nothing to do with report layouts. It is only based on Email Templates.
With this option, the default Email Template set for Tickets (set as explained here is used.

You may need to reopen the Tickets window after changing the default report or the default email template.

I hope this helps.
Dina