PDA

View Full Version : Labtech Client Locations sync?

jdixon
November 3rd, 2011, 09:53 AM
Hey there!

We have some clients that have seperate locations that are billed seperately (so they are in quickbooks as seperate accounts).

Is there a way to sync these Labtech locations to CommitCRM accounts?

lpopejoy
November 4th, 2011, 06:06 AM
No, there isn't. Labtech will sync top level accounts to a single record ID over in Commit, which effective creates a one to one relationship between Labtech Accounts and CommitCRM Accounts - thus preventing what you are trying to do. The only way to do it, I think, would be to actually create separate clients in Labtech, and corresponding ones in CommitCRM & Quickbooks. I know that is messy, but I can't think of any other way to achieve this.

Basically, CommitCRM doesn't know anything about Labtech "locations."

jdixon
November 4th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Dang. Yeah I was thinking its not really a CommitCRM problem.. Seems Labtech could modify the CommitCRM plugin to make this work with either a locationid or a clientid.

lpopejoy
November 4th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Yeah... Well, to be fair, it wouldn't be exactly logical. But, agreed, Labtech doesn't seem to be doing much of anything with their CommitCRM plugin. ...Which is a little frustrating.

AN-Tech
November 4th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Labtech seems to focus most of their attention on the Connectwise plugin. Probably because they use it internally and are also partially owned by their funding group.

jdixon
November 4th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Yeah but ConnectWise is so dang expensive and robust. I mean there are so many steps to do invoices. Not something easy to pick up on like CommitCRM is.

I believe Labtech and ConnectWise even work in the same building lol