PDA

View Full Version : During Trial - Cannot Edit Email Template

allanc
November 3rd, 2011, 09:33 AM
I am currently evaluating CommitCRM (free trial period).
I am trying to edit the an Email Ticket Template (Settings / Email Templates / Tickets).
The 'add field' button is disabled and I cannot modify any other part of the template.
This template has 'designed' at the end of the template name.

Thank you in advance.

Support Team
November 3rd, 2011, 09:56 AM
You CAN edit email templates during your trial.

I believe that you are trying to edit a System template. As you may see in the upper area of the template details window - you cannot edit a system template - but - you can copy it and customize it to your needs.

In other words - select the system email template you want to edit in the Email Templates List, select to Copy it and customize the copied template to you needs.

Hope this helps.
Dina

jdixon
November 3rd, 2011, 10:34 AM
I created my own tickets but they did not show up until after I restarted the CommitCRM application. I did restart the server service but still had to reload the program for it to show up under "Send Email"

Support Team
November 3rd, 2011, 10:37 AM
Reopening the Tickets window should do the work and in some cases the RangerMSP client. There's no need to restart any server side service... but, it does no harm :-)

allanc
November 3rd, 2011, 02:36 PM
>You CAN edit email templates during your trial.

I believe that you are trying to edit a System template. As you may see in the upper area of the template details window - you cannot edit a system template - but - you can copy it and customize it to your needs.
>

Yes, you are right.
I did not notice the comment 'System Template'.
The reason is:
When I was reading the documentation, I noticed somewhere the wording about not being able to edit the system templates.
It also mentioned something about 'designed' and I thought that meant that a 'copy' of the system templates (with 'designed' at the end of the description) was already included for me to work with.
I was obviously making an incorrect assumption.
Thank you very much for the prompt reply.