PDA

View Full Version : Tech Staff Dashboard - custom development request

DynamicIT
November 1st, 2011, 07:55 PM
Hi Team,

We're not running as efficiently as we should be. We are a small shop of just 2.5 staff, but I'm about ready to add another full timer. Instead of adding to the chaos, I want to put a little better structure in place before a new hire starts.

As a part of an improvement process, I have been looking at moving to CW or AT. In looking at the competition, there are areas where CommitCRM needs development (a never-ending process!), and areas where CommitCRM does well. I wish to note publicly that CommitCRM's Support Team is one of the best I have come across for responsiveness (even if the answer is occasionally No).

Part of the reason for looking at the competition is because of their dashboards - the sort of thing that can be displayed on the 37" LCD recently mounted on the wall about 3 feet from me as a reminder to tech staff (including me) about billable time etc. If I can do this in CommitCRM economically, I'll stop looking elsewhere. Commit's new Statistics Board (in v5.6) is a start, but not heading in the direction I want to go.

What I think I want is a graphical indication of how we are tracking today and this week/month, plus a list of tickets nearing deadline, a list of tickets not touched in 72 hours, and how many incoming emails are unread.

This may be in the form of an executable file that runs on a scheduled task, reads an INI file (graph colouring conditions, staff to be included, possibly staff availability hours from a file) pulls this information using Commit's API's and writes an HTML file that the web browser automatically refreshes.

A sample layout is here: http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~mirage1/temp/Commit%20Dashboard%20Sample.pdf (I can't see how to attach to this post)

QUESTIONS
- Does anyone have the skills to do this and want to send me ballpark figures?

- Is anyone else interested in this enough to advise they would pay around US$100 for this if it was developed and easy to run?

- Is anyone else strongly interested in this or similar functionality and wants to share development share costs?

- CommitCRM Team, do you think it likely this sort of functionality will be included within the next 12 months?

- CommitCRM Team, does accessing the API use a license?

Support Team
November 2nd, 2011, 06:16 AM
Thank you for posting this and for your kind words.

Here's our feedback in regards to the questions you referred to us:

As you know things are always changing with RangerMSP, new options are added, other are enhanced, etc. so I believe a dashboard in that direction will be implemented, I just cannot say exactly when. Maybe it's 6 months, maybe 12, maybe 3. Unfortunately I cannot say simply because it hasn't been decided yet. The new Statistics Board feature of 5.6 is very powerful, however, it does not come in place of the dashboard you have in mind.

With our APIs you can definitely write such a program.

Using our API does Not consume any employee/user license :-) If you're using the optional SQL back end for RangerMSP then naturally a database connection will be consumed - yet, this does not consume any standard employee/user licenses/

Hope this helps.

Dina

DynamicIT
November 2nd, 2011, 06:30 AM
Thank you, Dina.