PDA

View Full Version : Report design problems

Anders
October 17th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Hi.
I need to customize a report to show the sum of the individual item types under the labor group sorted by employee. I have sort of figures it out, but i need that last bit of help.
What I have so far is a report that gives me a list of the individual item types, but it is not sorted with all the same itemtypes on one line. It now shows for example on line with consultant hours summarized, then one line with vacation summarized, then one more line with consultant hours summarized. I figured this is so because it reads the tickets chronolgically, and just adds them up. I want the different itemtypes on one line each.
How can I do this?

Anders.

Support Team
October 17th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Assuming that you started from the List of Charges report (i.e. copied it and started to build your report from here) then when you generate the report click the 'Sort' button and select to sort by Item Group (or any other fields form the list). This way you will force the sort and the groups will break as desired.

Hope this helps.
Dina

Anders
October 17th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Thank you for the reply.

The Sort button is greyed out.

Anders

Support Team
October 17th, 2011, 09:22 AM
This probably means that you started customizing a fixed report, one that it's sorting settings are fixed and a part of the report itself. If you'll start from the List of Charges report and then build the report groups is should work for you.

Anders
October 17th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Ok, I'll try that

Thanks

Anders

Anders
October 17th, 2011, 11:23 AM
That worked :)
Now, is there a way to make the non-billable hours turn up in say, red color?

Support Team
October 17th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Great! Thanks for the update. While you can control the text color you cannot set it conditional.

Anders
October 17th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Ok. Maybe in a future vesion ... ;)

Thanks for your quick replies.