PDA

View Full Version : Charges Reports

ABC HIPS
December 5th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Whenever I run a charges report the total at the bottom of the Units/Hours colomn is zero.

Ho do I prevent this?

Cheers

Support Team
December 5th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Different Charges reports display different totals.

In general Charges reports always displays total amounts according to the report you generate - a total for each customer, a total charges for a specific service Ticket, a total amount for all charges added under a service contract, totals for the entire report etc.

Most reports also display totals for time (hours) spent.
Note that these totals show the total amount of time spent - not a units totals (as you cannot mix different type of units into a single total), so if you have only unit based Charges under the Account or Ticket then the total amount of hours that will be displayed is zero.

For example - if we the following Charges were logged by your technician after visiting the customer:

Units/Hours
1 X Printer Toner $50 totals to $50
2 Hours X Network Maintenance (labor) $65/hour totals to $130
2 X Office 2007 Installation (labor) $50/unit totals to $100

Then you should see the following totals:
Total amount: $280
Total Hours: 2

Note that:
(A) The Total Hours would be zero if no hour based Charges were logged

(B) The "Office 2007 Installation" is a labor charge as well, however, it is priced per unit - i.e. per installation in this case, regardless of the time spent, and this is why the 2 units will not be added to the total hours (as 2 installations were charged for this - not two hours)

You can learn more about how to define different type of Items in this article.

HTH

Neta