PDA

View Full Version : CMT Service Taxable Item

lwilson
October 7th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Every time I batch tickets/contracts over to quickbooks, it changes certain labor/service items from what is chosen in the item list in CommitCRM to "CMT Service Taxable Item" on the invoice in quickbooks. I then have to manually modify the items on the qb invoice back to what was chosen in CommitCRM. I have looked at all the setup options for these items and can find no where to change this.

Support Team
October 7th, 2011, 12:23 PM
The "CMT Service Taxable Item" are used anytime the Item in RangerMSP is not linked to the parallel Item in QuickBooks. I believe that once you will the un-linked Items between RangerMSP and QuickBooks the issue will be resolved.

Hope this helps.
Dina

lwilson
October 7th, 2011, 12:27 PM
"I believe that once you will the un-linked Items between CommitCRM and QuickBooks the issue will be resolved."
I don't understand what you mean by this. I update the item list from quickbooks constantly. Do I need to un-link the items and re-link them?

Support Team
October 7th, 2011, 12:38 PM
When RangerMSP converts every Charge into an Invoice Line it checks whether the Item selected for the Charge record in RangerMSP is linked to an Item in QuickBooks.

It case it is linked then QuickBooks Invoice Line will use the linked Item.

In case that the Item selected for the Charge record in RangerMSP is Not linked to an Item in QuickBooks, RangerMSP uses default Items it originally created in QuickBooks in order to transfer the Charge into an Invoice Line. One of them is "CMT Service Taxable Item".

Therefore, based on the above I believe that few of the Items you use and select for Charges in RangerMSP are not linked to the parallel Item in QuickBooks.

Review the the line in your QuickBooks invoice (the one that was linked to the default 'CMT Service Taxable Item' item) and then locate the parallel Charge record in RangerMSP. This will help you identify the Item selected for this Charge.
Then, visit the Items list and select the very same Item you've just discovered (the one been used for the Charge that end up with the CMT... default Item in QuickBooks).
Select this Item and the select the QB icon on the Items window toolbar. A menu will be displayed and select the option to 'Link Item to QuickBooks...'. Link it.

From now on Charges added into RangerMSP and then transferred to QuickBooks will use the linked Item unlike the default CMT... one.

Repeat the above to discover and link all un-linked items.

I hope this helps.
Dina