PDA

View Full Version : Deleting multiple items

rontek
December 4th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Can anyone tell me how to delete more that one item at a time, we have over 3000 items to delete

Support Team
December 5th, 2007, 12:24 AM
In order to keep the data integrity, Items which are already used in Charges, Contracts or synchronized with QuickBooks cannot be deleted (you can set these Items as suspended instead). Since deleting an Item requires user interaction per deletion, it is not possible to delete a group of Items.

When an Item is suspended, it will not appear in the Items pull-down list when selecting an Item for a Charge. You can also define a filter for the Items list, hiding suspended Items. You can save the filter by a name for quicker filtering next time.

Anyway, I do see how allowing to delete groups of un-used Items can be helpful in some cases and I will make sure this is on our to do list for further consideration for future releases.

Sherry

CCSiOnline
January 4th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Sherry, back in 2007 you were talking of adding the feature to delte groups of un-used items. What is the status of this implementation?

Support Team
January 5th, 2012, 06:03 AM
Unfortunately we've been busy with higher priority items since then, we haven implemented the un-import features for Accounts, that lets you batch delete all imported accounts (from a selected import batch) that haven't been used yet, however, we haven't implemented this feature with items yet. Thank you for asking.

Entrust2US
January 6th, 2012, 07:01 PM
I am having the same issue here. I need to delete 6K items but can't a way to delete them in batch.

I notice under "Items", there is a Delete function. If you can add a shortcut to it, like "Print" is mapped to CTRL-P. So if you can map "Delete" to keyboard's delete key, it will be very much helpful.

Support Team
January 9th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Adding a shortcut for the delete option sounds like a feasible idea, I'll add it to our list, thanks!

pops1000uk
May 2nd, 2015, 09:30 AM
i need to hide / delete thousands of items. is this possible yet?

Support Team
May 4th, 2015, 06:05 AM
Items that had been in use but are no longer required should be set as suspended.
Only Items that haven't been used can be deleted.

In order to hide/suspend many Items you may try using the Export and then Import option of Items.

First you should export the Items to Excel, then mark the Items you want to suspend - for this you can add column in Excel and set the value to Y (i.e. Y=Suspend).
Then you can import the updated Excel file back into RangerMSP and map Item Code and Suspend fields - the existing Items will be recognized by their unique code (that got exported and now being imported) and as a result they will get updated.

Important: Before performing any such a batch update - take a backup of RangerMSP!