PDA

View Full Version : Tracking Repair Progress / Procedure Checklist

YourIT
September 10th, 2011, 07:25 AM
What's the best/easiest way to track repair progress within CommitCRM?

We have procedural checklists for several types of repairs and I'd like to have this all documented in CommitCRM rather than having a printed checklist for each system. Has anyone put together a way to accomplish this, or should we look for a 3rd party way to reach this goal?

Mister-c
September 11th, 2011, 05:46 AM
I'd be interested to see how people do this as well. I suppose you could do it using an activity template but it's not in your face enough in my opinion. An actual job checklist with tickboxes and a space for notes would be a brilliant addition to CommitCRM.

lbrickpe
September 11th, 2011, 11:16 PM
The new "asset configuration note" in v5.6 is a configurable, structured place to keep notes. I'm sure that without too much effort, the CommitCRM dev team could port that concept to the Ticket section where it could be used to set up check lists with note fields.

I am wanting to use CommitCRM for our projects department, and we could do with the checklist functionality here!

Lawrence

Support Team
September 12th, 2011, 06:17 AM
As already mentioned in this thread, you may want to have a look at the Activity Templates in RangerMSP. It allows you to prepare a list of Tasks/Appointments/Tickets and apply it to Accounts/Contracts/Tickets/etc. at once!

In addition implementing the Asset Configuration Note technology in Tickets is an interesting idea and we will evaluate it. Thanks.

Hope this helps.
Dina