PDA

View Full Version : Turn off alerts to specific customer

wsandwith
August 25th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Is there any way to turn off the alert server for specific customers?

The only way I see it so far is to remove the customers email address from thier contact details, this is not so good when I need the email to communicate with them on other issues.

Any ideas anyone, and if not then this would be a very nice feature to have an off/on switch for alerts in each account details page right by the email address.

Cheers!

Wendell

Support Team
August 26th, 2011, 06:07 AM
Hi Wendell,

The way to disable it at the customer level is just like you described.
In some cases it may not be ideal... we have a request for this on file already. I've just added you vote.

Thanks,
Sheli

wsandwith
August 26th, 2011, 04:42 PM
So if I have no email on record for the client will my email connector still route the support emails emails to the correct client?

Support Team
August 27th, 2011, 05:33 AM
You should use secondary contacts for this, this way the email address will be identified.
By the way, the Auto-Response with the new Ticket details etc. will still be sent to the customer. This is an Email Connector feature, not the Alerts Server one.

wsandwith
August 27th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Ok, so I will ask the same question about the email connector, is there a way I can filter out which customers recieve the emails? and if not then maybe some way to manually filter them out in the future?

Cheers!
Wendell

Support Team
August 27th, 2011, 11:01 AM
The Email Connector automatically converts and email sent from a customer into a service Ticket in RangerMSP.
Once a Ticket is created, and in case the auto-response feature is enabled, the Sender receives and automated email reply confirming that their email has been received and that a service ticket has been opened (together with the Ticket number).
In case you enabled the auto-response feature it will always work to everyone that sent and email that has been converted into a new service Ticket.

Hope this helps.

wsandwith
September 2nd, 2011, 09:48 AM
Hmmmm, I guess I will recommend this as feature then.

Cheers!

econtrere
January 20th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Any update on this? I would really like to control which customers receive automatic alerts.

Support Team
January 20th, 2012, 11:23 AM
There aren't news on this at this stage. Thanks for asking.

ChrisW
June 4th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Is there an update on this yet? I too would like to control which customers receive automatic alerts.

Chris W.

Support Team
June 5th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Yes, this new option will be included in our coming release. It will enter beta very soon and it is a free upgrade to anyone that purchases RangerMSP these days.

HTH

BDTECHRob
June 18th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Do you have a planed release date for the next version?

Support Team
June 19th, 2012, 06:21 AM
As announced in this thread the new version is already in Beta and once all reported issues will be evaluated to resolved it will be officially announced, probably within a few weeks. You are welcome to apply and participate in the Beta.

Edit: The ability to disable email alerts by the Alerts Server for a specific account has been included in version 6.1 of RangerMSP.