PDA

View Full Version : When releasing new versions [suggestion]

hayden
August 23rd, 2011, 04:32 AM
Just a suggestion: I think it would be a good idea with some sort of road map, so we know what to expect in future releases. Maybe even publishing your priority list. CommitCRM keeps saying things are on a priority list, but we never see it implemented, so it would be good to know where our feature requests sit.

This would also stop a ton of questions I believe for instance if we knew SLAs would going to be implemented in version 7, or auto refresh of the ticket window is coming in version 5.8.

Also, estimated month of release, so version 5.7 estimated released date of December and listing the features that will be included in this version. Only brief information needs to be listed, nothing like when you release the version and give us the 'whats new in version x.xx'.

I know it would help me immensely. The CRM/Support system is a big part of our businesses. It would be great to be able to plan release dates and features.

lpopejoy
August 23rd, 2011, 01:53 PM
This comes up about once per quarter, and CommitCRM always says they are planning to do this. ...or something like that. So far, I haven't seen it, but I think it would be a great idea too.

northwestmsp
August 23rd, 2011, 04:21 PM
Yup. We've mentioned this multiple times before, and asked for a road map every time a new feature is added or mentioned. Even if we didn't get to see all the little things, having a road map of the major things would be extremely useful (if not imperative).