PDA

View Full Version : Link CommitCRM to Hosted Labtech

PC MedEvac
August 16th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Background
recently we aquired a company that useslabtech and we want to integrate it intoCommitCRM.

We worked through the directions and get to the point where we make the settings are enterd into the integration area in the dashboard.

The Labtech server is hosted and it appears as if the configuration assumes it is local. Any idea on how to proceed. The ODBC compnents are installed.

The tecnicians will be using Labtech in the shop, on laptops, Ipads and the terminal server. Looks like each install will need to be configured individually.

BTW. Labtech is very nice and gives Kaseya a serius run for the money.

Support Team
August 17th, 2011, 06:28 AM
LabTech has been using the RangerMSP APIs in order to integrate and offer a really advanced integration between the two systems.

Their integration uses ODBC to read data from the database as well as our API libraries to add/edit information stored in RangerMSP's database. This means that they do have to have a local component that calls the API libraries.

While we have many customers using the integration with LabTech I believe that most, if not all, are using a locally installed copy of LabTech.

I think that the best idea would be to contact LabTech's support and ask about this.
In case there's any question/reply/need-for-information/etc. you/they will need please let us know.

I hope this helps.
Dina

PC MedEvac
August 17th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Thank you.

I assume it was necessary. It will be faster in house anyway.

I Like the new look and features and the dashboard is a real treat.

cheers

lpopejoy
August 18th, 2011, 06:40 AM
In order for the Labtech integration to work, you will need to have access to the UNC file share where your CommitCRM software/database is installed - from your labtech server. Chances are you don't have that, unless you have a VPN between your office and your hosted labtech server.

We use labtech internally, but have our own server. I don't know how hosted works, but if you actually have a server that you can remote desktop to, then you could setup a PPTP VPN connection between that server and your office, and then map a drive your CommitCRM database file share. That should work, but it may be cause ticket creation in Labtech to be a little slow, not sure about that!

--Luke