PDA

View Full Version : Paying subcontractors

nharel
August 15th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Hi all,

Being a small MSP provider, I use contractors to help me deploy service to my clients. They enter charges to CRM and I charge the client. However, I was wondering if there is a way to work with the subcontractors charges to ME.

When I go through the list of charges, I mark the charge as Billed to the customer, however, I don't have a way to track what I have paid my subcontractors. I was thinking to use an extra field, but was hoping that someone else has already addressed this and has come up with a nice clean solution.

thanks

swallservices
August 15th, 2011, 06:40 PM
What we do I don't think will help in your situation. We just pay their invoices. We might spot check their invoices against charges in CommitCRM from time to time to ensure they are remaining honest, but for the most part that's handled totally in Quickbooks for us - it doesn't really touchCommitCRM.

Then again, we're in California, USA and we're (semi) required by tax law to receive invoices from our contractors to ensure there is a clear paper trail showing they are not employees and they are indeed subcontractors. I don't know where you're writing from so if this is not a prudent requirement in your area and you aren't receiving invoices from your contractors then I do see your problem.

Like I said, probably not much help :(

nharel
August 15th, 2011, 07:50 PM
I see what you are saying. I am in Massachusetts and we do not have this requirement. Most of the contractors do submit invoices, but I ask all of them to enter their charges on CRM and some just use that as their way to get paid.

It actually makes it easier for me to get it all in one place.