PDA

View Full Version : Create auto calendar appointment based on a email

flipajig
August 4th, 2011, 12:40 PM
I'm new toCommitCRM. I'm looking for software that has the ability to create a new ticket and a new calendar appointment that will end up on my outlook calendar based on a email received from a customer. Does CommitCRM have this ability? If so, would the email need to have a certain format or could i customize per customer because i get several different formats from different customers.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Support Team
August 4th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Welcome flipajig!

There are several options here.

First there's the Email-to-Ticket features that creates a service Ticket based on an incoming email from a customer.

The customer email is converted into a new service Ticket, the customer gets an auto response email with the Ticket number, etc.

However, the customer email does not create a Calendar entry.

For this you should use the API-by-Email feature of the Email Connector.
Using it, you can send structured XML formatted emails to the email connector and have it add any type of record in RangerMSP - create Tickets, create Appointments in the Calendar, create Tasks, Assets, Accounts, etc.

The API by Email also sends email back with the result status, new record IDs (that can be then used to add linked record, like an Appointment to a newly created Ticket) etc.

You can learn more the API by Email feature of RangerMSP Email Connector here.

Hope this helps.
Dina

flipajig
August 4th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Thanks, for the reply!

Ok, The emails i receive are not XML formatted that i know of. I do not know about XML or coding. It does not look like this will be just a simple GUI to get this done without knowing how to write a code or script of some kind, is that correct?

Support Team
August 4th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Simplified, XML is a set of structured textual email with nodes.
You may be able to create a template and only embed the Web form data in the correct places. See the XML samples and think of just embedding the data.
Alternatively you can hire a programmer, it should be a very quick project. Try the 'rent a coder' sites, etc.

Hope this helps.
Dina