PDA

View Full Version : No Online Calendar in 5.6? Really???

bdbrower
July 5th, 2011, 12:03 PM
It is EXTREMELY disappointing to read in another recent post that a graphic calendar for the web client is not a part of the 5.6 update. My team and I have been waiting for a graphic calendar since we first switched to CommitCRM (with reservations, due to the lack of a calendar for the field techs to access). Serveral past posts (not just mine) and their extended threads have demonstrated the popularity of this request, and with the extended development time of this update we had high hopes that an online calendar would be added. This is such a BASIC function that is is very difficult to understand why this still hasn't made it higher up your priority list. While I'm not a high-level web designer, I know enough to know this kind of feature is not that hard to implement (all of the needed data is already in your system and reflected in the local client calendar); you just need to decide to do it. I keep hearing about your desire to be responsive to popular user feature requests but you keep putting this one on the back burner. My techs have been very patient, but when they find out it that an online calendar is not forthcoming, the pressure on me to find a different CRM solution that provides this very basic feature will increase significantly.

nattivillin
August 15th, 2011, 01:39 PM
The calendar is the worst part of commit's web version. Everything else works great.

pops1000uk
September 2nd, 2011, 01:18 PM
yes yes i want graphics too! also i have a remote receptionist, at the moment i have to put in blank appointments under their name, just so they know when i am available. Having a feature like this would be good.

Support Team
November 20th, 2011, 05:47 AM
Quick update:

RangerMSP 5.7 was recently released and now provides a weekly view for Calendar appointments via the Employees Web Interface .

Using the Weekly Calendar, users can view a graphically oriented appointment display for themselves or for other employees. Users can also add and update Appointments to the Calendar.

The new Web Calendar makes it much easier to see what’s going on, what activities and tasks are planned for the week, and the schedules of all individual team members.

>> Read more on What's new in version 5.7.

The Support Team

nattivillin
November 21st, 2011, 08:51 AM
The weekly view is wonderful! 'Bout time!

Support Team
November 21st, 2011, 12:09 PM
Thank You :-)

racassel
December 19th, 2011, 03:24 PM
I need a monthly calendar view. It is impossible to drop and drag stuff from week to week, and too time consuming to edit each and every appointment that has to roll over to next week. Most all calendars have daily, weekly and monthly views.

danoli
December 19th, 2011, 05:21 PM
+1 from me