PDA

View Full Version : Whats in 5.6?

danoli
June 26th, 2011, 05:32 PM
I have read a little on the pending release, but where are the details of the potential new features?

mcjack
June 26th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Can you please give us some indication as how long do we have to wait (2 weeks, 1 month or 3 months), don't mind to wait as long as we know its getting there. There is a software for computer repair business from blanchesoft , still waiting for the software update since 2 years that they promised to release and now if you ask on the forum about it they just delete your message.

Support Team
June 27th, 2011, 06:05 AM
Only weeks! We've actually already launched the Beta and there are actual customers using it already :-)

danoli
June 27th, 2011, 03:49 PM
CommitCRM Support, can you answer the original question?

danoli
June 27th, 2011, 04:08 PM
In a world where everything is going cloud based, will we see a web access version that is not out of the Ark + a web calendar that is actually a real calendar and not a list view?

This could be my last update before moving to pastures new...

Support Team
June 28th, 2011, 05:55 AM
danoli, Indeed we missed your question, sorry about that. Everything included in 5.6 will be published at the time official release. Unfortunately a graphic Calendar is not part of this release but other cool stuff is.

lbrickpe
June 28th, 2011, 08:45 AM
CommitCRM Support
Only weeks

It had better be before September !!

Version Upgrades - Until 31-08-2011

Lawrence

Support Team
June 28th, 2011, 09:02 AM
It will!
:-)

hayden
June 28th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Where can we find out what's new? I've tried everywhere?

Support Team
June 29th, 2011, 06:05 AM
It hasn't been published yet...

Thanks,
Dina

lbrickpe
June 29th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Can we download the beta so long??

Support Team
June 29th, 2011, 08:49 AM
The number of spots is currently very limited. However, we add a few more every several days. Click here (link removed) to apply. Once approved and when new spots are available we will provide you with all details.

Thanks,
Dina

danoli
July 9th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Why do you keep releasing 'other cool stuff' when you have not released a web based calendar? I have been asking for that since day ONE and I do not think it is too much to ask for as this is a huge integral part ofCommitCRM. Why is it not there, it is such a simple feature I cannot understand why? is you developer not able to code it?

Can I suggest that you refund our payment for the web module as we never use it due to its total lack of functionality.

danoli
July 19th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Did you see our request for the refund on the web module. We cannot use it as the calendar is not usable. I will be more than happy to re-purchase it when the calendar works?

Support Team
July 19th, 2011, 10:52 AM
We checked and you purchased and activated the Web interface for Employees module 3 years ago - back in July 2008.

While I don't know if there's anything to do after 3 years you are welcome to discuss this matter further directly directly with us.

danoli
July 19th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Yes, I would like to discuss it further as we purchased it on the understanding that it would replicate the CommitCRM client. We were unable to 'trial it' as our CommitCRM license was live and you were unable to activate a trial within our license. We purchased it and soon realised that the calendar was useless, or more to the point, non existent, but hung out for an update as we asked for it almost immediately. Over 3 years later, still no calendar and no sign of one.

Support Team
July 19th, 2011, 11:18 AM
danoli,

We checked and found email discussions with you during the trial back in March 2008 where you have actively evaluated RangerMSP Web Interface and commented on it.

In any case, feel free to discuss this with us directly.

danoli
July 19th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Can you possibly elaborate rather than feeding small amounts of information, I am not sure what you are implying?

I am happy to discuss it directly or openly, feel free to reply here of by email.

danoli
July 19th, 2011, 11:44 AM
From CommitCRM Support, May 28th 2008 (from Sherry)

"We may add a graphical calendar when using the Web interface in one of our future releases. I just added your vote for this."

3 years and waiting...

Note: we do not use the Web Interface as we need the calendar and thought the future release would be months not years...

Support Team
July 19th, 2011, 11:56 AM
We're not implying anything. We're just saying that you purchased it 3 years ago only after evaluating it for a while a seeing exactly what you pay for.

We understand why enhancing the Web calendar and adding more view will help and we truly appreciate your feedback.

We've been simply working on other stuff that was by far more popular and we will continue to prioritize what's being implemented and what's not mainly based on feedback from our users.

danoli
July 19th, 2011, 12:02 PM
We did not evaluate it. We could not evaluate it as we had already evaluated the 'core' CommitCRM application and then purchased that.

After we decided we liked commit, we wanted to evaluate the web interface but we could not evaluate it as our installation was 'live' and the evaluation web interface could not be added to the live installation. So we bought it thinking it would be a web interface to the full thing, not a ultra poor web implementation with limited functionality.

Now, if you tell me that you WILL be adding a functional calender, then I will wait but I really think 3 years is a little long to wait for what would appear to be an integral part of the application?

Support Team
July 19th, 2011, 12:27 PM
danoli, we have discussed the Web interface with you during your evaluation of the Web interface 3 years ago before you decided to purchase this module.

We will continue to prioritize based on users feedback including yourself.

Don't get us wrong here, we care about your feedback and are really taking it very seriously.

For what it worth, we can tell you that another (new) Calendar view in the Web interface will soon be included. However, we do not say that this is what you wished for. You should probably ignore this last statement altogether.

danoli
July 20th, 2011, 01:32 AM
I keep telling you... I DID NOT EVALUATE THE WEB INTERFACE MODULE!
You would not allow me, or the software would not allow me as we already owned the software.

danoli
July 20th, 2011, 01:34 AM
What is the new calendar view you mention? If it is not what I (and others) have asked for, then why produce something not requested?

AN-Tech
July 20th, 2011, 11:36 AM
danoli,

Why don't you take this through email and not clutter up this thread.

danoli
July 20th, 2011, 12:23 PM
I am happy to discuss it by email if support choose to reply by email.
I do feel that this thread will be of interest to many others. A thread in a forum does not clutter anything. Its up to them?

AN-Tech
July 20th, 2011, 12:27 PM
danoli,

I don't work forCommitCRM. I have just been watching this thread in regards to its original purpose about "What's in 5.6". I just thought it would be nice to keep this thread in regards to that as opposed to your customer service issues withCommitCRM. I have emailed CommitCRM on numerous occasions and always receive replies so I don't know why that would be an issue in your case. If you really want to make this public then how about opening a thread dedicated to your issue.

Thanks

danoli
July 20th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Noted, but the issues do relate to what is/isn't in v5.6 and if/when support decide to contact me by email I will be happy to continue there. They have always been helpful by email tech support but when they take money and make loose promises I think this is in the interest of all customers. I think the CommitCRM software is great, but failing to allow me to evaluate an 'add on' module purely because I was already a paid up customer seems odd. Yes, I could have set up another system but I wanted to test it with our real live system. I was of the understanding that the web interface, was as it says, an interface, but it isn't, it is a rather limited/poor web portal with lots of restrictions etc. They have repeatedly dangled the carrot with a possibly update, but still no luck and now they mention some other calendar, but tell me to forget it... why not just put in a dam calendar, there aer tons of opensource calendars out there, they are a piece of cake to code, I suspect (based on the web interface) that they do not posses the skill to implement what is required and if this is the case, I will accept a refund on the basis that I will buy the interface when it is ready.