PDA

View Full Version : Ticket numbers?

I-Netcs
June 20th, 2011, 07:40 PM
I thought this was a simple thing to do, but it apparently isn't.

By default the ticket numbers are 0500-XXXX

What i would like to do is Jan, 1st of every year reset the ticket numbers to 0.

Can i change the ticket numbers to 2011-xxxx, and then next year 2012-xxxx it's an easy way to see how many tickets etc. to see if we are on par with the previous years etc.

I think this would be very handy.

I bet there is a way to do it, i just haven't found it.

Support Team
June 21st, 2011, 06:43 AM
Thank you for asking.

The 0500 part is fixed and cannot currently be modified.

With our coming 5.6 release you will be able to increment the Ticket number. For example, if you'll reach Ticket number 7583 you will be able to increment it to 20000 on January 1st 2012, then to 30000 on January 1st 2013, etc.

Hope this helps.
Dina

lbrickpe
September 7th, 2011, 03:11 AM
Hi Dina,

We are very happy with how CommitCRM is working for our Service Dept, and I am seriously thinking of implementing CommitCRM for our Project Department, who get involved with new installations of audio and audiovisual systems.

I am tempted to install another instance of CommitCRM (in a different folder on the server) to allow us to manage the Service and Project departments completely separately. However, confusion WILL come in when we have documents having the same ticket number circulating, that are generated by two different instances ofCommitCRM.

I know we could re-start the sequence number of one of the systems into another number range, but it WOULD be great to customise the 0500 portion of the ticket number to suit our needs.

Please advise if your team have any plans to make the 0500 number user-selectable anytime in the future???

thanks

Lawrence

Support Team
September 7th, 2011, 06:07 AM
Hi Lawrence,

Thank you for your post.

You should increment the start Ticket number for one of these system to a much higher number (for example 80,000) so the separate will be very clear.

The 0500 part is fixed and cannot be modified at this stage :-(

I hope this helps,
Dina