PDA

View Full Version : Adding ticket fields

nattivillin
June 20th, 2011, 02:07 PM
I cant find where to do this. We need a field where we can free-type the Quickbooks invoice number. I need it to work on the client and web interface.

Point me in the right direction?

Support Team
June 21st, 2011, 06:44 AM
Under the 'Details' tab of the Ticket details window you will find some pre-defined custom fields. For example 'Field1'. Double click the label and change the field name and field label to 'QuickBooks#' and you're done.

HTH
Dina

nattivillin
June 23rd, 2011, 08:19 AM
Can we add new fields entirely?

Support Team
June 23rd, 2011, 08:23 AM
Yes, you can add a complete set of new custom fields to Tickets (as well as Accounts/Assets/etc.)

Click here to learn how (check the Field Customization option).

Thanks,
Dina

nattivillin
June 23rd, 2011, 07:52 PM
Where exactly is field 1, field 2?

nattivillin
June 23rd, 2011, 07:54 PM
Ok i found them, we have already renamed them and are using them for other things. Now i have to figure out how to make a field 4.

nattivillin
June 23rd, 2011, 08:24 PM
So i read the guide (twice) and i still cant add a new field to an existing tab.

I want to add a free text field called QB invoice # to the resolution tab. Then people can type in the invoice number when they fill out the resolution.

I created a new field [invoice #] and then attempted to add it to the tab [resolution] I select my field, hit add, then i come back to a window with only close or cancel.

Im lost.

Support Team
June 24th, 2011, 06:26 AM
New data fields can be added to new tabs.

However, you can add system fields to new tabs you create so in most cases the result is almost similar.
The Resolution/History tab you mentioned is a complex tab (History List and the Resolution field) and therefore you won't be able to place both items on your customized new tab. You can place the Resolution field though.

HTH,
Dina

nattivillin
June 24th, 2011, 03:24 PM
So you cant add new fields to existing tabs?

Support Team
June 27th, 2011, 06:04 AM
New data fields can be added to new tabs not system tabs. To mix new data fields with system fields on the same tab place system fields on your customized tab - this tab can holds both fields.

Thanks,
Dina

nattivillin
June 30th, 2011, 09:51 AM
We can create new tabs with new fields, but cant add new fields to existing (system) tabs?

Just want to make sure i have it right.

Support Team
June 30th, 2011, 10:58 AM
You can add system fields to new tabs by selecting them from the list (displayed when entering customization mode) and clicking the button below then - then point the place on your customized tab where you want the field to be located.

HTH,
Dina